Pairing Bluetooth

Is the 250a capable of connecting/pairing to an android smartphone via Bluetooth?

Thanks,
Scott

I can answer for the original Rs250 model… Yes you can pair a phone /tablet etc via bluetooth to the Rose and stream from the device to the rose.

1 Like

@Scottymac

RS250a is also capable of connecting/pairing to an android smartphone via Bluetooth.

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I assumed so, but wasn’t sure since there was no antennas or a dongle like on the 150. I also have a question about connecting to a pc for playback and data transfers. Would it connect to the 250 via the usb audio in port or the usb 3.0?

Thanks,
Scott

@Scottymac

When connecting RS250 and PC, you must connect RS250 to USB B port and PC to USB A port. And data transfer is only possible over a wireless connection.

Thank you

Thanks for the clarification. So, even hooking up to the usb 3.0 on the 250, to a pc or an external hard drive, data transfer is not possible? Also, would this also apply to the 150?

Thanks,
Scott

@Scottymac

Sorry for the late reply as we participated in an audio show held in Korea last week.
RS150b can also be connected and used in the same way as RS250.

Thank you

The antennas for the RS250 are hidden inside. That is why the sides are black plastic.

You can play music from your pc using the Rose streamer as an external soundcard; via usb. Any program you like best.

You can also set up your pc as server, share your music :open_file_folder: so it is visible from the Rose (I haven’t tested this since I don’t use a pc anymore, but this should be possible to use your pc as a NAS). Or put your files on a backup disk, an external USB HD or SSD and plug in to the USB 3.0.

The simplest method and fastest by far is gather everything you want to transfer and to put the SSD temporarily in your computer.

I simply use my network to transfer files from my phone to the internal SSD. That’s very slow via Wi-Fi to the router but it works in the background. I don’t see any problem transferring over rj45 from pc to RS.

Any proper file manager can access your network. That’s not a specific Rose question but a general computing/networking question.