Playlist By TIDAL vs. My PlayList

Hello Roseloa,

I have a question about the listed “Playlist By TIDAL”.

All playlists stored in Tidal are listed under “My Playlist” everywhere and in all media players.
If a new playlist is created in Tidal originally, on the device or on the Rose Connected app, it is always listed in Playlist by Tidal. But not in My Playlist where they belong.

What is the function of the additional (at least for me) confusing playlist by Tidal vs. my playlist

?

The main problem is:

1. If you delete in Playlist by Tidal, then this playlist is also originally deleted in the Tidal account. This is very annoying. That must not happen.

2. You don’t need the Playlist by Tidal if all playlists are in “My Playlist”.
    Can’t you just omit this “Playliest by Tidal”? The function is not known to me and is a mystery.
    If you remove “Playlist by Tidal” the menu would be tidier and clearer. Nothing is lost.
    I can’t use the function. What is this supposed to do?

3. Even if this function would make sense, the playlists created somewhere must always be available under “My Playlist”.

Please explain this function to me, which I consider superfluous, and for the sake of clarity please remove it from all menus.

Thanks for an answer.

Hello @MiKo

I’m sorry for the late reply.
I will respond to your post.

1. If you delete a playlist in Playlist by Tidal, it is correct that the playlist is deleted from your Tidal account.

2. It could be because Playliest by Tidal isn’t familiar to you.
    We will review again what is more convenient and good for users through the meeting.

3. Does it mean that you can’t select the songs or albums you want and save them to My Playlist?
    Or does it mean that you created a playlist but it is not created?

4. What is the difference between My Playlist and Playlist by Tidal?

• My Playlist: Playlist composed of tracks and albums
  • Playlist By TIDAL: If you bookmark a playlist, register it on the list

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you

Thank you Rosehan for your reply.
But I can’t see any benefit in terms of usability.
For me this is superfluous. I also know of no other application that handles it that way. It’s more complicated and, as I said, one more menu item that doesn’t help.

Less is often more :wink:

Nobody will miss it if you deactivate it and summarize it under “my playlist”.

I would be happy, Best regards

1 Like

Playlist by Tidal are playlists that you’d favorite that are created by Tidal - not by you as a user.

733 / 5.000

Übersetzungsergebnisse

Übersetzung

Hello and thank you for your answer. I would be interested to know where and at what point I should have ever marked a playlist as a favorite. I create a playlist in Tidal (original), neither public nor favorite. And yet all newly created playlists appear in Tidal in the Rose as “playlist By Tidal”. If you delete these so-called favorites there, because you e.g. does not need it, then the created playlist is also deleted in Tidal original. But in Rose it stays under “my playlist”. That doesn’t make any sense to me. I have also tried many other solutions, but this constellation is unique and not advantageous. Maybe you can explain it in more detail please? Thanks

Hello Rosehan,

I took a close look at Rose’s Tidal Playlist solution, the Tidal Original solution and also those of competitors and tried to understand what Rose wanted to implement here.

My only idealistic goal is to support Rose to create an ingenious streamer here. But Rose, in my opinion, unfortunately overshot the mark. the Playlist By Tidal is really redundant. No other competitor (WiiM, USB AudioPlayer Pro, and various manufacturers of other network streamers) has this function. I don’t know anyone who really needs them. There are no playlist favorites on Tidal, as another user claimed. Also, there are no playlists. It is also problematic that these playlists disappear directly from Tidal after being deleted in Rose and can only be seen in Rose.

In short: If you get rid of this menu item, nobody will miss it either. It simply makes your tidal image clearer and also corresponds to the original.

In really good faith - please remove this menu item and bundle everything under “my playlist”.

Thank you - “easier is often more”

A loyal Rose user with some Rose devices :slight_smile:

Best regards -MiKo-

That is not right.
Maybe I expressed myself misleadingly. It’s all about your own playlists. There are playlists by Tidal, but here USER’s own playlists swap in both categories.

The error in the Rose programming is that when a user creates a playlist in Tidal, it is created in both Rose categories. Like it was a favorite playlist in Rose too. But that’s nonsense.

I don’t want to classify them myself automatically via Rose.
If I delete this automatically created favorite playlist in Rose, it will also be deleted in Tidal. A huge mistake!

Rsoe should only add the playlists to “My Playlist”.

The implementation of playlists being automatically imported as “favorite playlists” remains a mystery to me.

Mainly because when you create a new playlist in Rose, it is created correctly in “My Playlist” and also in Tidal.

The annoying “favorite playlist function” should be switched off or programmed so that you don’t automatically get them all imported as favorite lists, but rather you mark them yourself.

No other manufacturer incorporates such complicated stories that also don’t work well.

I just want to see my playlists saved in Tidal and not “favorite playlists”.

The correct one would be:
If you create a playlist, whether in Rsoe or Tidal, it should appear under “My Playlist”. AND NOT in favorite playlists.
If you delete a favorite playlist, it is also deleted under “My Playlist” and also in Tidal.

A no-go. Please correct.