"pops" and loss of stereo image with Spotify Connect

As the title says, I’m experiencing the odd “pop” when using Spotify Connect. Even worse is that the stereo image completely disappears. The weird thing is that pops occur at the exact same place for every song.

If I switch over to Spotify Connect on my Lyngdorf MP60-2.1 (exact same song) there are no problems.

What can be the cause of this?

Streams over Quboz and Tidal does not have this problem.

Hello,

Would you let me know more details about the issue you have?

1. How is your audio system organized?
    RS250 - USB DAC - SPK?

2. Which song did you play? And what is the time you heard pop noise?

3. The cover image disappears during playing a song? Or from the start of a song?

4. Can’t you see the image of only a specific song every time?
    Or even for the same song, sometimes the cover image is visible and sometimes not?

Hi,

1. (wifi) - RS250 - (HDMI) Lyngdorf MP60-2.1 - ATI 543NC - Speaker
  2. “Hellbillies - Eg gløymer deg aldri”, several small pops around 7-11 seconds into the song and basically throughout the whole song. The pops aren’t loud, but easily heard, nevertheless.
  3. I haven’t noticed that there is anything wrong with the cover image, but I don’t always pay attention to the screen.

Hello,

There is likely a problem between the HDMI output and Spotify Connect.
I’ll do a little more research and tell you more about it.
If you can connect other than HDMI output, such as USB, coaxial, optical, etc., would you like to try another connection?

Hi,

-deleted-

Had to restart both the RME and the 250 after choosing USB output, now I get sound from Spotify Connect and there are no pops. It works flawlessly with the USB audio out.

Hello,

We will make sure there is no problem with the HDMI output.
Thank you for checking.
(If you have any record of the noise, can I check it?)

Are you saying that it is a software issue and you can fix this in an update?
Can you reproduce it?

I can make a recording if you want.

Hello,

I have a guess.
But I don’t have the same audio equipment as you, so hearing noise will make it more clear.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have PM’ed you a link to a video with sound of the pops.

I just noticed that there is the occasional “pop” when there is no music being streamed as well. The 250 shows the album art and the Spotify icon in the display.

I just noticed that there is the occasional “pop” when there is no music being streamed as well. The 250 shows the album art and the Spotify icon in the display.
→ (So this is on HDMI output, right?)
Hello, is this about you pause while playing a music on Spotify Connect?

Through HDMI, yes. Correct, if I pause Spotify there’s an occasional pop, but it seems very random and does not happen frequently.

Also, it seems like I have to power cycle the 250 after switching from hdmi to usb in order to get sound from usb. Why is that?

Hello, I will tell you after checking.
If that’s okay with you, please connect the USB for the time being.

Best Regards,

Yes, I’m using USB with the RME ADI-2 for headphones.

Any updates on this? I will obviously return it if you cannot find a fix…

Hello,

Sorry, but it seems difficult to improve in the near future.
Sorry for not giving you good news.

Have the 201E. Really enjoy the unit. Use the video capability often. Wondering if you are working on a solution to the Spotify connect stereo image issue when using HDMI out. I don’t get any pops however the stereo image shifts to the right by about 2 to 3 db after the first selection plays and the second selection loads and starts plying.

Hello,

Hope to know more in detail about the issue…

1. Do you mean that you hear right side 2~3 dB louder from second track?
  2. If so, does the decibel on the right increase every time when Rose moves on to the next track?
  3. Do you use HDMI output only? If you use any other outputs like USB, RCA, OPT… etc, does the streamer has same issue as HDMI output?
  4. Did the streamer had issue from when you first purchased the RS201E? Or it was okay at the beginning?

Best Regards,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

1. Yes 2 to 3db louder on the right channel.
  2. Remains constant once the shift occurs does not increase. If I reboot the unit first track is ok again then the shift occurs from second track on.
  3. HDMI only other outputs are ok. Also if I switch to other sources (radio, files, etc) the balance is fine through HDMI.
  4. Did not use Spotify connect much until recently so I can’t answer. I did update to latest software recently (very pleased with the file transfer option) I don’t see any option for updating Spotify connect separately.

Hope this helps