Potential competitors RS 130/RS150B

Hello guys,
the competition does not sleep, what are your opinions?

https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DMP-A6/target/7abWHw%2B%2BoHhKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D.html

Probably not a fair comparison but if you take the screen size ratio to price it’s 15"/6" or 2.5 . So if Eversolo had a 15" screen it would be 2.5 x$899 = $2,247 or approximately $2,250 vs $5,000. This could mean that Eversolo could market a streamer/DAC with equivalent screen size for less than half of the price of the RS150B. I realize as I said, that this isn’t fair as Eversolo only has the ES9038Q2M chip(2) and the HiFi Rose RS150B has the better RSS 9038 pro chip(1) and lots of other better internal components like a graphics chip for HDMI video out. Also, screen size isn’t a linear price relationship. Still, many consumers will look at the devices in this way. Conclusion: The Chinese are serious competitors. It’s only a matter of time before they do this.
The RS130 looks like a clear attempt to improve the manufacturing margin. The BOM has been reduced by 25% but the price has increased over the 150B. A better way to increase the margins would be to go direct in the United States. It’s my guess (I have no inside knowledge) that the US distributor has substantially higher net profit per unit than the manufacturer. To effectively compete with the Chinese, that would be one way to go. HiFi Rose has some difficult decisions to make.

StandardModel

1 Like

Well articulated @StandardModel. And I agree.

Agree with you, Rose play in other league. Ever solo in my opinion is for other type of consumers

AlexG,

You are correct. The EverSolo DMP-A6 is (currently) in another much less expensive league than HiFi Rose. The point of my post was that should EverSolo or another Chinese manufacturer choose to provide a touch screen twice the current size and incorporate a video chip it would basically equal the functionality of the HiFi Rose 150B. I guessed that the retail price of the Chinese device would be less than half of the 150B price. Serious competition.

1 Like

And a i2s connection with more that two profiles.

1 Like