Powering off when connecting cables - RS130

It’s a bit confusing when reading the manual and I’d like to be very clear.

If I wish to say, change a USB cable, audio or storage should the RS130 be powered off or in its standby mode? Does it make a difference?

@MichaelHiFi

You can connect or disconnect the USB cable and USB external hard drive while the RS130 is turned on or in standby mode. There is no problem at all.

Thank you. Still however, when you wish to move the Rose to another location, you need to of course, unplug it from the wall. My understanding is that when one turns the Rose off, you are not actually ‘turning the Rose off’, rather, you are entering ‘standby mode’. But there’s no indication you are in ‘standby mode’, no light, not anything. The Rose appears off.

If that is correct, the Rose is in standby mode, one still needs to hold the power button for 3 seconds in order to truly turn the Rose off in order to remove plug from power - correct?

It’s morning here, the Rose has sat overnight, just being powered off ‘standby mode’. Now if I want to truly power it off, I need to hold the button for 3 seconds. But that did nothing. It’s still off.

I appear senitive to this because, this is my second Rose RS130 and the first one broke and I don’t know why other than the fact that it would no longer power on. So I wish to get the sequence absolutely correct and no what one CAN’T do when removing Rose from power.

@MichaelHiFi

I understood your problem.

When RS130 is turned on and you lightly press the power button, it goes into standby mode. If you press the power button for more than 3 seconds, the Power OFF button appears on the screen. Pressing the Power OFF button completely powers off the RS130.

If you want to check whether your RS130 is in standby mode or completely powered off, you can make the clock screen appear in standby mode.
RS130–>Settings–>Display–>Always on display–> Please select the clock you want. Then, in standby mode, you will see the clock you selected.