Problem with transferring files from INTERNAL SSD to EXTERNAL HD

Hi, I am writing to you because I wanted to ask if on my ROSE RS 150 B I have the possibility of transferring (or deleting) files/folders that are present in my SSD that I have mounted INTERNALLY and I would like to transfer them to my EXTERNAL HD connected to a port ROSE USB 3.0 without having to unmount the SSD.

Currently I do this “file transfer” operation via a network connection from a PC connected to the same network as me but the file transfer is incredibly SLOW.

I hope this feature is already available or that it can be implemented as soon as possible on the machine because it would be really useful.

Thank you and I await your kind reply.

1 Like

@Hunter

Currently, adding or deleting files in Rose devices, there is no other way than to connect the SSD to a PC or network.
Currently, for this issue, we are trying to add the ability to physically delete or add files on the Rose device.
However, this coming update, the ability to copy files will be added. For example, it is possible to copy the sound source to the SSD connected to the Rose device to the external hard drive connected to the USB.
Adding or deleting will be gradually implemented in the future.

Thank you

4 Likes

thanks for your answer. I really hope that in the future you will be able to easily manage these transfer operations from EXTERNAL HD to INTERNAL SSD and also from INTERNAL SSD to EXTERNAL HD. Thanks again very much and I look forward to the update.

I join your wish and I am happy that Hifi Rose team is planning to add this option in the near future

The Rose are still very slow in handling files - the quickest way is to attach the external Drive to a PC, and connect the PC over LAN to the Rose, and access the internal drive over network.
Then its a simple copy & paste job.