Qnap nas acces not possible (SMB1 problem ?)

Hi there,

At the moment is not possible to acces my Qnap nas.
Ik can see the server in the Rose150 but i am not able to login.
i get a " Netwerk Error "

Qnap is NOT recommending Smb1 protocol. (problem with malware ,Deadbolt ransomware !!)
So i am using Smb2 protocol.

After setting the Qnap nas to Smb2 i got problems with my Sonos1 (old) system ( error 701 on Sonos). At that time i did not test the Rose150.

After changing the DLNA settings on the Qnap from port 8200 to port 10243 the Sonos sytem was working again.

So at the moment i am able to play/stream my music to the Sonos System.
The Rose150 is not able to do that.

I tried logging in via the rose app (did not work)
I tried logging in via the rose150 ( network error )

I have read the comments from other related topics ( Synology etc ) but i think it has to do with SMB1 problems.

I hope someone has a work around for me (most of my music is on the Qnap nas)

Remy

Without using the real slow and unsecure SMB V1, you’ll not able to use your NAS for streaming.
Otherwise you can only put your files on a USB HDD or an internal SSD.
I’m also very unsatisfied with the current solution, but mostly I’m using the Rose device as Roon endpoint.

I have an internal SSD but i do not know how to acces the internal SSD. ( other than ripping a Cd)
It would be nice to copy files direct onto the Rose SSD.

you only need to activate SMB on the ROSE - and set a password. Then you can go to your PC or NAS and you will have access to the SSD Partition on the NAS.
And remember to have SMB1 on Windows (if you use one) active again. This is disabled by default.
I use ROON with the Rose, and let Roon do the music management. Don’t have to worry about Access anymore.
Android OS are not so good with network interactions.

You can also use ftp, which is a bit faster than SMB V1. If you’ve a lot of files, than it’s better to fill the SSD outside from the Rose.

I wil take the Ssd out of the rose, put it in a case for extern HD en copy the files.
Probely the best solution.

On the other hand i hope someone from Rose let me now wat the are planning to do about my problem.

That’s only a temporary “solution”.
The next problem is, that the scan of the files needs a lot of time. I’ve included a 8 TB SSD with 5 TB music files on it and the scan needs over 8 hours. The scan must done every time, you change (delete or add) files and also then the rescan takes many hours and will not be done (LMS, Roon and many DLNA servers will do it) automatically.
I’m using primarily Roon, but as an backup I’ve also many (not all) music files on the Rose SSD and my wish is, that Rose will implement a DLNA client. At the moment it can used only as renderer with e.g. BubbleUpnP and (because no openhome is integrated) here not gapless.

For me the whole software on the Rose devices has no production level and I don’t believe, that this will changed in the future.

1 Like

No response from ROSE ?

When I started with rs250 I did not have an ssd free right away.
Therefore I used a simple fast usb stick of 120 GB.
This allowed a lot more possibilities to get everything ready for my music libary via external.
Later I connected a usb-hub to it and was able to connect several external usb links.
Now there is a usb stick and a ssd drive connected and do not use internal ssd.
Via FTP it takes too long.
For edits I disconnect one of these and make sure to update via pc.

This is not only for music libary but also for video and podcast.
As software you can choose between mediamonkey, zortam or musicbee.
The rescan can be performed per disk and save on a full scan.

I had the same problems with QNAP. To solve this go to QNAP Control panel, then find Win/Mac/NFS
Then Additional Settings
Here put the MAXIMUM smb version as smb1
then save
all works

Tomato,

I know this solution but then my Nas is not langer secure. ( there is a huge problem with Smb1 due to ransom software)

So i hope there wil be a update soon.

2 Likes

Once I read does impediments escalates months ago and there is no any reaction from Rose team, it shows how they are unmature with their clients support :frowning:

@Addeo

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We try to reflect as many opinions and requests as possible.
Different symptoms take different times to be added or corrected.
SMB 2 will be added and distributed in this update.

Thank you

2 Likes

@ROSEHAN Maybe it would be a good Idea, to implement NFS for NAS connections as well.
This should be much easier as the OS is Linux based.
Modern NAS offer both.

@ rosehan :When do you expect that there will be an update ?

@Remy

The update is scheduled to take place today at 4:00 Korean time.

Thank you

THANK You Rose,

My Rose150 is working as a charm :slightly_smiling_face:

So the programmers dit a fantastic job.
At the moment its not possibel to acces my Qnap Nas via the Rose ap.
al the other functions are working fine exept logging in to the nas.

I think that the app needs a software update.
Is this correct ?

Yes, I have exactly the same problem! I enter the name & password correctly in the box provided but it does not let me see the Qnap NAS :rage:

Hi all, I have the same problem with the Roseconnect app. I enter the name & password correctly in the box provided but it does not let me see the Qnap NAS.

I am really disappointed with the Rose support in this case. When are you going to answer us? When are you going to fixing this annoying issue?

Hi there,

So it seems that i am not the only one.
Thx for your reply’s

Would be nice if Rose gave us something of a responce.