Quantization Noise & bad WLAN connectivity

My RS250 makes audible quantization noise using analogue pre-out. It also has bad WLAN connectivity. Where my Naim Unitiy atom (at the same position in the Hifi-Rack) has a stable 148Mbit/s Downstream connection, the RS250 only connects with somewhat 30Mbit/s and this lowers to 5-10 Mbit/s; High RES audio stream not possible then.
Any other user with same experiences ?
@Hifi-Rose Team: Any suggestions on both experiences?

Not commenting WLAN connection and internet transsfers.

But according to noise: please check output level of pre-out. If you use dedicated preamp/ integrated amp, set on RS250 fixed output level, e.g. 3000mV, not more. Choosen voltage should depend on sensitivity of pre-amp input.

Thx for your comment.
the noise is not related to distortion like overdriven input devices.
Have you ever put a mobile device near a radio? This artificial ticking and humming noise is the noise that can be heard from my device.

[quote=“ROSELOA, post:4, topic:740”]

1. About the quantization noise
  • What’s the model name of the amplifier that you connected to RS250?
  • If you have any other amplifier, does it have the same noise?
  • Is there any router nearby the RS250?
  1. WLAN connection
  • If you don’t mind, would you check with your hotspot tethering of your phone?
  • Also, does the ethernet works properly?

Re 1:

• Line Magnetic LM 219iA
  • Yes, also takes place with another amp. Source is definitely the RS250
  • Nope; the router is in the next room, divided by walls

Re 2:

• thats a good point, will ckeck
  • i don´t have ehternet in that room, that´s why im using WLAN :wink:
    Generally; the WLAN sensivity is weaker than in my other all in one (naim ATOM); Level and throughput are much lower on the RS at the same spot in the room. Meanwhile i found a place on the rack where the level indicater shows 2 instead of one signs and the quantization noise is lower than before.
    If i keep the RS250, ill try to connect it via ethernet.
    WLAN Module seems to be an item for improvement.
    Thanks

How close is your router WiFi access point to the RS250? Make sure it is more than five feet away.

Thx,

i´ve connected it to LAN which i brought in that room; now the device is working fine.