Question on Database Re-writing

I have a Rose 150B with a 4 TB SSD.
I store my main Audio database on PC, but periodically update the copy on the Rose SSD.
Today I:
i) Used the PC to delete all the Directories on the Rose SSD
ii) Used the rose to reformat the SSD
iii) Re-initialised the ‘database’

The Rose then showed no files present in the SSD, and I assumed this process would leave the SSD clean

When I transferred a new copy of the database from PC to the Rose, over 15,000 of the files were flagged as already being present amd I was asked whether I wanted to overwrite them.

Can anyone please explain why this is happening, and what I do to purge the files from the SSD ??

Gawayne

@Gawayne

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Does the same problem occur if you remove the SSD from RS150b, connect the SSD to a PC, and try formatting it on the PC?

Rosehan,

I initially formatted the SSD on the Rose 150B.
When I first connected the SSD to my PC, I was unable to detect any files on it (The PC seemed to be unable to read the state as formatted). (FYI the PC is 2 months old, and is running Win 11 ver 23H2 64-bit with updates complete to 13-03-24 (KB5035853)) I assumed therefore that the Rose was formatting in a non-PC compatible manner, and that equivalently that the Rose would not be able to read an SSD formatted to NTFS. In consequence I have not tried this process.

Questions:
i) Can the Rose read an NTFS formatted SSD ? If yes, then I will try the process.
ii) I assume a transfer run solely within a PC will be much faster than I am currently experiencing ?

with many thanks

Gawayne

@Gawayne

The answer to both questions you asked me is yes.

Dear RoseHan,

Thanks for this guidance.

I removed the SSD from the Rose 150B yesterday, and after some difficulty performed a Full format under Win 11. (The SSD was connected to the PC via a USB ‘C’ to SATA cable which was plugged into a powered USB ‘C’ socket … the standard one socket did not allow writing to the SSD).
Having performed the full format, I was then able to transfer the audio database at around 250MB/s … thus cutting the transfer time by a factor of around 50 … a great improvement.
Moving the SSD back to the Rose and initialising the database all worked faultlessly and from the tests I have performed there is no issue with files transferred at this speed.

Gawayne

1 Like

I have found the same. As long as all file manipulation/alteration is handled on the PC outside to the Rose, and once completed, reinstalled, everything works just fine. The extra step of removing the SSD and reinstalling is a small inconvenience compared to the speed at which any changes can be implemented!

I sometimes get a song with 0 bytes. How I do I quickly remove that from the system since it’s not solved by rescanning

@HJK

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please answer the questions below.

1. What is the SSD model name you use?
  2. Does your Rose device recognize your storage device?
  3. Does this symptom appear when I disconnect the SSD and reconnect it? Or is it always connected and get a song with 0 bytes?