R130 failed to send native DSD to Bricasti

My R130 USB output is able to recognise the Bricasti M12 as MDx which is the interface name of the digital board. However, when I set it to native DSD. The output is automatically converted to PCM 88.2 only. If I select the DoP, it works. Is there an update required to make it work in native DSD?

It looks like you have volume control enabled with your RS130…
Please deselect volume control in order to output Native DSD.

Volume control is not enabled in R130. I have a separate pre-amp for volume control. Hence, deselected the volume control when I first set up the R130. M12 does have a volume control but that is in the analogue domain.

Same here but it works fine sending native DSD to my MSB DAC/preamp…

Zaboks, MSB is a different brand and make of DAC/pre. I think there is a driver compatibility issue. Under what situation, the R130 will convert DSD to 88.2 PCM for USB output? I think someone has to sort out the driver, either HiFi Rose or Bricasti!

Do you play with Rose app or Roon ? There might be some configuration options conflict ?
Also, did you try all USB ports, as it seems they don’t behave all the same ?
Anyway, please check other threads where Rosehan just announced a New firmware to solve RS130 to DAC connectivity issue…

Zaboks, I just run directlly from a USB connected SSD with ROSE app. What settings I should look at for potential conflict in options? I only use the USB audio port output. The other two USBs are for other connection, one used for the bluetooth antennae and one connected to the SSD.
I cannot find the thread you mentioned. on the new firmware. I did not see any firmware update notice. What version of the firmware you mentioned?

Sorry the New firmware announced is for the RS720 USB hub… You should especially call for help @ROSEHAN.

By the way, did you try your DAC on both USB2 and USB3 outputs ?

@Ares

Sorry for the late reply.

I checked the sample plate when using Bricasti M12 with USB connection.
DSD output is possible when using RS130 and Bricasti M12 via USB connection.

If you go into the input/output settings on your RS130 and click the small gear icon, there is a Software Volume Control function.
Is the Software Volume Control function turned on on your RS130? When this function is turned on, it operates as DSD to PCM. Please use it with the Software Volume Control function turned OFF.