RA-180 remote control flashes continuously

The RA-180 remote control continuously flashes. Taking out the battery, waiting a few minutes, and then reinserting it stops the flashing, but the event repeats itself immediately.

optimize

If you notice, the flashing goes in time with the music…Forgive me, I’m joking. Of course, have you already tried taking the batteries out and putting them… but replace them ?

I wish they would flash to the beat of the music :grinning:
I replaced the batteries with new ones but without success. The remote control keeps flashing until it runs out of batteries. And by the way, no, it doesn’t respond to any key.

It should have a small hole for the reset, I have the black remote on the 150b it should also be there on your new model. Trial.

Thanks. But there is no hole in the RA-180 remote control.

Hello,

Does the issue persists even after replacing to new battery?
Please check the message.

Yes. The problem persists even after replacing new batteries. I have two ROSE RA-180 and the problem is with both remotes.

Hello,

Two RA180 remote are showing the same issue as the photo? That’s really rare case… I hope to know more details -

1. Did the issue occur to both remotes at the same time?
  2. When you use the remote, does it work? For example, can you change RA180 input with the remote?
  3. Would you press the buttons one by one, if there’s any change?

Best Regards,

Thank you for promptly responding and checking. Here are the specifics. After installing a new battery, the remote control will operate for a specific period of time (usually between an hour to two days). While resting, the remote suddenly starts blinking randomly. At this point, it won’t respond to any pressing until it runs out of batteries. Removing the batteries for 10-20 minutes and reinstalling them is the only way to stop this. However, the problem persists over and over again. I use new and high-quality batteries, such as Sony batteries with an expiration date of 2029, as well as batteries from other manufacturers.

Hello,

Would you check the message I sent you previously?

1. Both remotes suffer from the same problems.
  2. When the remote is not in “blinking mode” - they work well. When they blink - they did not respond to any key pressed.

Any update on this?!

In a prior post on this topic, the HiFi Rose rep suggested obtaining a replacement remote control from the regional distributor. The post included a link to help locate the distributor.

I requested a replacement remote control and received it this week. Unfortunately, the replacement remote control also flashes and issues unprovoked commands.

Is it possible to differentiate remote controls that are of the earlier vintage vs an updated version? The replacement remote looks identical to the original.