Ra201 usb output to Dac?

Hello there,

I would like to know can i use rs201 as pure steamer, without using the pre amp and power amp. So that i can connect rs201 usb output to Dac .
If so how can i set it?
Thank you.

@chris20202

RS201 can be used by connecting to an external DAC via USB.

1. Connect RS201 and your external DAC via USB.

2. Select USB in RS201–>Audio settings–>In.out settings–>Output, select the external DAC you want to use, and activate it in gold.

1 Like

This works also for RS250?

@Felipe

Yes, Rose devices can be used by connecting an external DAC via USB, except for RS301 and RS350.

1 Like

Hi, Rosehan
Till yesterday I had no problems (last 6 months) with streaming trough Rose Tube with Tidal, but yestarday this nice conection just vanish.
I get this remark and I don’t know what it means and how to solve this problem.
I didn’t change anything, Sunday all works well, and in Monday Tidal is dead for me.
If I understand all right, one can not directly conect to Tidal, you can do only trough Rose Tube? Am I right?
What to do to come to some kind of streaming, while HFRO (model 250) is a streamer afterall?
Hope to hear soon from you.
Regards
Filip

And aditional info.
On PC I get this remark:

Filip

@Felipe

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
There appears to be a problem with your Tidal account.
Please check a few things.

1. Do you see the same symptom even if you log out and log back in to your Tidal account in the RoseConnect app?
  2. Capture and show the Tidal subscription you are currently using.
    Rose device–>Tidal–>Human shape at bottom left (My collection)–>Settings
    RoseConnect app–>Tidal–>My Tidal–>Settings
  3. Do songs play normally in Tidal’s own app, not in the Tidal app in Rose?
  4. Are all music files not playing on Rose’s Tidal and a pop-up message like the one above appears?

HI, Rosehan,
After your replay, I got myself a 2 m USB cable and all work well at begining. My DAC (my CD) was recognized at once, two weeks without any problem. After 2 weeks, still my DAC was recognized, but after few seconds (sometimes more, even half of song or few songs) of music, sound turn to hum/noise, like pure data transfer. And after about a week of this kind of random music, random noise, RS 250 don’t recognize my DAC anymore.
What can I do? I reed on forum that IFI Ipurifier can solve a problem but it can also not, for some yes, for some no.
Do you have any idea how one can connect HR RS250 to External DAC.
Regards, Felipe