Recent delivery Rose 150-B

I recently took delivery of the 150-B after a few days of listening I rate this server 9.5 out of 10 for sound quality paired with a out board dac . Rockna WaveDream SE dac and Merason Dac1 .
I’ve made a decision to sell my Rockna WaveDream server and WaveDream SE dac .
I love the flexibility of the 150-B though like other Rose owners there are some quirky issues however I have faith these minor management issues will be addressed by Rose ,. Exceptional component Rose Audio !

2 Likes

I agree with you. It is normal for some small problems to arise in a complex but complete machine like the Rose. The added value of this device (which everyone does not have) is the technical team that follows, optimizes, improves the already excellent qualities that this device has proven to have.

I happened to watch a YouTube video introduction of Rose Audio a few weeks ago and was immediately drawn to the Roses flexibility and it looks ,…My Rockna WaveDream Net server mated with the WaveDream SE entry level dac are no slouch however in terms of age they were purchased five years ago and though they are very much competitive sound wise today I just had the itch for a change .

The Rose mated with the Merason Dac the sound quality is very natural and musical , I’m immediately drawn to the human vocal pitch with well recorded ripped CDs and some of the internet radio stations IE Linn Jazz I happened to be listening to as I type , I’m enjoying the sound quality of internet radio much , much more then I’ve had previously though changes were made to my Net work .

Initially I had a couple moments with setting up the 150b the manual wasn’t much help though I figured it out , right now ,Lol ,.I’m stuck trying to figure out how to shut off shuffle mode for my ripped library…

The manual is very concise but the features of the Rose are easy to learn. On the other hand, a descriptive manual would not have been very useful, given the continuous updates and the implementation of additional features. This I think is the reason why the manual is very concise.