Recently added albums - strange sort order

I start the RS520
I start the Android EA App
I go to Music → Recently added Albums

i do not understand the sort order in recently added albums because my recently added albums are not there but i think they should be visible as first. No?

1 Like

@Ben

In your RoseConnect app, go to Music and Recently added Albums lists the albums that were last DB scanned.
When scanning the DB, the time is checked, and the albums are listed in the order of the last checked album.

Hello ROSEHAN

i am not sure it works.
Via SMB network connection i added some albums and they have been added to the DB automatically without initiating a DB scan.
They can be found by search terms but they are not listed as “recently added albums”.

Also in the EA version of the app i can not find the option to rescan the DB/Library manually

ROSEHAN

i can confirm now that it works but there is no instant success.
I added some more albums.
Started DB rescan from RS520. From within the app i could not find that option.
The rescan finished but after that it takes a while for the latest albums to appear in the “Recently added albums”.

Hello ROSEHAN.
the situation with recently added albums is not satisfying.
Recently added albums looks like this… only older albums can bee seen.

but in “view all” the latest albums are visible.

i rebooted the RS520, i waited many hours but the “recently added albums” are not updated.

@Ben

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I will forward this information to the software team.
They will review the content and make changes.

Hello ROSEHAN
Now think there is one more detail.
To initiate a rescan of the DB is only possible on the device like mine RS520 but not from the android app.
Yet progress of DB rescan is visible from within the app.
Is this on purpose?

@Ben

DB rescan is also possible in the Android app.
RoseConnect app–>Media Library–>Select the storage you want to rescan DB.

Hello ROSEHAN

i tried exactly this but i do not have such an option. Please see the screenshot… latest android store EA version.

@Ben

There is no Rescan DB function in Android app.
In the EA version, the scanning method seems to have changed as the structure has changed.
We will modify this part to be the same as what is displayed on the Rose device with a rescan DB.