Remote control is a complete disaster

Please please revise the remote control software.

• the remote control flashes every few seconds, sometimes minutes
  • that wouldn’t be a problem, but the main screen would also show the “back” button every time.
  • Sometimes this happens every 10 seconds. Sometimes just every minute

Just very annoying

I have three devices in use and they all have the same symptom.
Please do not come with a reset, it doesn’t work, neither with 150B nor with 250A. And you have to maintain a lot of settings.

What can you say to this: Please stop it urgently, dear ROSEHAN and ROSELOA, treat it urgently!

5 Likes

It’s true, a few days after seeing how it worked, I gave it up for lost. I have several IR remote controls and they work perfectly, and integrated into a single 5-in-1 remote with multiple devices and they work perfectly. With the 150B I only have either the device screen or the app on my phone. Since the bluetooh connection is anything but stable, I suggest supplying a small hub with IR to place below, next to or above, and a remote control with IR.
Greetings

@MiKo @nachocom

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

1. This problem appears to be a remote control problem. The remote control seems to be sending signals to your Rose device without any action.
    Please request a new remote control from the distributor in the country where you purchased your Rose device.
    eng.hifirose.com/Distributors
  2. It is normal for the “back” button to always appear on the video playback screen. Is the “back” button still visible when playing music? When playing music, it is normal for the “back” button to appear only when you touch the screen.
  3. Is the “back” button continuously displayed on the music playback screen even without touching the screen?
2 Likes

Hello Rosehan,

1. Request a new remote control, what does that mean?
    From the distributor Rose (https://www.audiodomain.de) or from the dealer where I bought (https://www.projekt-akustik.de/)?
    Who bears the costs? I heard that a remote control costs 99 EUR. How does that go?

2a) the remote control flashes briefly and immediately afterwards the “back button” appears on the screen during playback. This then goes back as usual. The whole thing then happens irregularly but every few seconds, sometimes every few minutes.
There are rarely days when the FB remains relatively quiet.

• I also replaced the batteries, no effect.
  • Connecting the remote controls to another device doesn’t help much either. Doesn’t seem to be a problem with a single remote control. Surely there can’t be 3 pieces?
    Only one remote control is paired with the device at a time.

2b) It is difficult to make a video because it is very irregular.
My other 3 remote controls also work independently.
In addition, the remote controls emit slight high-frequency noises in time. Is that normal?

1. No back button is visible during playback.
    The whole thing is like a signal sequence when the main screen is called up and then the back button goes away.
1 Like

@MiKo

If you look at the link I left above, you will see distributors by country. R
equest a remote control from the distributor in the country where you purchased the Rose device and receive it free of charge.
If you forward this article and explain it to your distributor, they will replace the remote control.

Thank you

I have the same issue with the remote on my RS-520. I am not able to open the distributor link that was shared.

@Sirpopealot

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please use the link below.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I appreciate the link.

I sent a message to the distributor in France for the remote control which is flashing, it’s been 10 days, I tried again but no response!!
Rs150b model purchased in October 2023

So today I learned that there was an IR receiver in the accessory box that the RS520 came with. I had not noticed it in the box originally with the other cables, I don’t use the factory cables. I connected to the IR port on the back of the RS520 and immediately wondered why I had been battling with the Bluetooth option of the RCU all this time. The RCU works like a dream with IR. It’s fast and accurate and NO blinking or random ghost signals from the RCU. I wish I had known about the IR capability weeks ago. I suppose that I should pay closer attention to the accessories!

Salut @MiKo

Könnten Sie bitte mitteilen, ob das Problem mit der Fernbedienung gelöst wurde? Ich habe schon seit lange die von Ihnen beschriebenen Symptome bemerkt. Haben Sie es geschafft, das Problem direkt mit Audiodomain zu lösen? Sind sie sich der aktuellen Situation mit den Fernbedienungen bewusst?

Über Ihre Antwort würde ich mich sehr freuen

Grüße aus Göppingen

Vik.

J’ai contacté mon revendeur, il se charge de faire la demande auprès de l’importateur

(Rs150b)

ilG

RCU Update on my situation… I contacted MoFi Distribution (USA) and they sent me a new RCU and a NEXT-531WBT dongle. This completely solved my issues regarding the Bluetooth RCU functions with my RS-520. No more RCU random light flashing, no more spontaneous back button appearing on the 520’s display. The RCU now operates quickly and efficiently in Bluetooth mode. If you suffer from RCU Bluetooth issues I encourage you to contact your dealer/distributor and seek this remedy. I am extremely pleased with the outcome!