Resampling rate

Just curious on what pcm resampling rate setting everybody is using? Im streaming using tidal and using 192khz, wondering if this my best bet?

@Scareface1

Since there are many opinions about resampling (especially unsampling), it would be difficult for us to say what is good or optimal.

Upsampling 16bit/44.1Khz sound to 192Khz does not restore the information (original sound) missed during the first recording.
However, I think it would be better to interpret it as meaning to fill in the missing parts so that the sound of the lost areas can be heard in this process.
Sounds such as overtones that can be calculated mathematically may actually be slightly enhanced through the resampling process.
Some people may feel uncomfortable with this processed sound, and in some cases, the sound may be distorted like noise from the amplifier or speaker.

In fact, even if it is played without resampling, empty areas in DAC/AMP/Speaker, etc. are filled with their own technologies.
Likewise, Rose also provides a corresponding function to fill in the gaps in the digital domain and create pleasant-to-listen sound.
It would be a good idea to listen to your favorite songs or songs you are familiar with while changing the settings, and choose a sound that is comfortable/good for you.

Please note that there are many theories and techniques related to resampling.
Among them, we are currently performing resampling using Kaiser window-sinc filter and rectangular dithering.
Due to limitations in CPU resources, we are using a relatively lightweight method, but we also plan to apply more advanced theories in the future.

Morning @rosehan … so what do you recommend? I am new to my rose. I have an HDMI to the TV (to show jackets) and selected the max resampling 384 figuring the 150B DAC will do a a good job of it? thanks

Good morning Michael,
As Rosehan explains, do listening tests and choose the setting you like. If you not hear any differences, keep the default settings.

There is no good or not good setting, this a matter of individual preference and integration with others components.

Thanks @plamf … will do. Any personal experience? What did you do?

I did some testing a long time ago. For some songs upsampling to 192Khz sounds good and slightly better, it’s not night and day. For others songs, high frequencies seams distorted and sounds bad. Soo, I don’t resample anymore and keep it original.
Most of my files are good lostless (flac) at a minimum of cd quality and more or hight quality such as DSD.
Your experience may varie depending on your components, if your system is very revealing or not and your own taste.

@plamf thank you for sharing!