Rescan takes forever!

Why does it take forever to rescan my microSD card when I’ve only added an album or two? Also, why can’t the app find my music on the microSD card when I search on the app? Seems that for the cost of this device I shouldn’t be having these problems.

@Closer01

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

With current technology, the entire DB must be rescanned when a new album is added, but any modifications (additions/deletions) are reflected in the media library.
Re-scanning takes a little less time than scanning the database for the first time, but since the entire database is searched once, there is a problem in that it takes a long time for the added information to be reflected.
As you suggested, we will try to add a method to update only the parts that have been modified.

Are albums on your micro SD not deleted in the RoseConnect app?
Can the album be searched on your Rose device?
If so, please let me know where you found it in the RoseConnect app.

Thank you

1 Like

When I search in the app the albums from the microSD basically never show up. And it takes far less time for me to delete the database and rescan as opposed to having it scan for a new album. The software is horrible and I regret spending $5,000 on this unit to be honest. Also, no Tidal Connect?!

And any update on Tidal Connect? Really……