Right speaker volume is significantly louder than left

My unit is brand new and after hooking up the right amp plays much louder than the left amp. I switched the cables to double check and confirmed the right side plays louder. From my understating the system has no balance adjustments between left and right.

@Yeti

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please answer a few questions.

1. What is the model name of the Rose device you use?
  2. How do you connect your Rose device to other devices? (Please provide detailed explanation.)

I have the Rose RS520 and just using the devise by itself. I have no other components hooked to the RS520.

Hello,

1. Try Factory Reset.
    (RS520 > Settings > System Settings > Factory Reset)

2. Search ‘left right speakers’ in Rosetube. There are a lot of videos that helps you to compare left right speakers.

3. Once the volume difference is confirmed, I guess it’s hardware issue. Please contact your distributor and get help.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am traveling this week and will complete these steps this weekend.

Even there are times that the volume difference is caused by hardware, I think Rose should consider adding a left & right output level option.

Say for example my RS150B. I used it once as a preamplifier. As we know that Power Amp mostly don’t come with Left-Right Balance. I then lost the capability to just Left-Right volume due to room acoustic, etc.

Almost all preamplifiers and integrated amplifiers (including yours RA180) come with Left-Right Balance function, meaning that the Left-Right Balance is an important feature.

Since your RS150B can be used as a preamplifier, giving users a separate Left-Right Output level option is then something shouldn’t be ignored.

Please consider.

1 Like

I just completed the test to compare the left and right speakers using Rose tube. The right speaker is definitely louder. Is this a known issue with these units?

Interesting. I was experiencing this last night. Added a pair of Klipsch speakers to my living room setup and was playing Qobuz on the RS-520 and outputting to the two speakers that are equidistant from center and from my listening position. I spent a half hour searching on the unity and the app for a BALANCE control. I gather there is not one?
Guess I will have to check the videos above on RoseTube and see what’s up. I usually output from Pre-Amp into my Yamaha Avantage system with (8) Klipsch speakers counting a sub and Center Speaker for live performances and if I want to play in other rooms that have Yamaha MusicCast Speakers. I just wanted to go 2-Channle purist with the Amp in the RS-520, but my impression was right channel was louder.

Rose RS-201E has a balance function, but the rs-520 does not, why is this so?

Just a thought, but might be worth checking that your speakers are both in phase. i.e. positive and negative are both connected the same for each speaker. An out of phase speaker pushes the cone backwards rather than forward so would affect your volume as well as sound quality.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, cables were properly connected. I just took the RS520 back to the audio store to get it serviced. The shop let me borrow their demo model and this one works perfect. Clearly a hardware concern. I will keep you all updated on the timeline to get this sent back from ROSI.

1 Like