Ripping CDs can be tedious

There are some annoying features in Rose 250. When ripping, it asks every time to confirm the
storage path. (I have only one, HD at the bottom installed.) This reappears when you close Rose and start it again. Before ripping it asks you to confirm the ripping. I just did! pressing the Rip button.

Sometimes it gives wrong metadata and when you cancel it asks: confirm or cancel. Both pretty logical.

The black remote - I have seen no use of it. Just does not work the way it should.

The number of times it comes up with the incorrect details is really annoying and having to type in all the track details and find the correct cover takes ages.

Its 2024 and this shouldn’t be happening.

2 Likes

@KaiE

Hello,

“Unknown” happens when there’s no data about the CD in our database.
We are preparing to expand the CD information.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you look at the picture below. Click on the part marked in red, you can edit it.
*** You need to edit, before ripping the CD.

Thank you,

Does this have to be typed in on the screen of the Rose Device with your finger or can you use your iPhone keyboard to type the missing CD title/artist/track information.

@KECN

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Currently, missing CD title/artist/track information cannot be modified in the RoseConnect app.

Sure would be efficient to be able to use Rose Connect app to input data. Better yet can you make a PC or Mac bluetooth keyboard connectable and usable to input data, In particular, to do cut and paste! Now that would be cat’s whiskers!

1 Like

It is also very annoying to confirm the storage path every time you start ripping…
and I have only one storage… Rose should learn more from its user… this is like early days windows, are you sure you are sure…

@KECN

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
If you have a keyboard, you can use it by connecting it to the USB port on the rear of your Rose device.

@KaiE
Some people use more than one storage device. This issue requires a little more consideration on our part.

1 Like