Rose 150B vs Bryston BR-20

New user here. Just ordered my 150B and have a comparison question. Has anyone done a comparison to the BR-20? A friend of mine has one and is adamant the Rose won’t be as good. I will running my 150B directly into an Anthem MCA-325 amp and mainly using Roon & Qobuz.

As an aside-will the Rose REALLY sound better than what I use now? I use a Roon endpoint HDMI into an Anthem MRX-1140 to the MCA-325 out to my speakers. All the reviews and dealers all say this will be much better than what I use now. All replies appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome.
you can give us your feelings
I had on my side a Mcintosh Dac (D100) a Teac Ud701 and an Accuphase Dac Card, the Rs150b fully satisfies me, I don’t regret the other Dacs.
and what’s more, the screen is magnificent.

1 Like

Better is always something that is subjective. That being said. There’s more to the Rose then anything out there as far as interface screen size hdmi etc… I have both the RS 150b and the RS 130 IMO the RS 130 is the way to go for most being that most would prefer to use their own DAC and the sound quality is better. My two cents. I’m not real familiar with your equipment but I would venture a guess that your Rose will sound better than theirs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hello,
I have the Bryston BDA3 (same DAC base as the BR20) with an RS130 connected to AES/EBU with a very good AES cable from Sablon audio.
The DAC part of the BR20 is much better than the DAC part of the RS150. I compared them at the end of last year. It’s clear, the Bryston is light years ahead of the RS150…
This is why I kept the BDA3 and took the RS130 which is exceptional (when it works - I had some reliability problems with the first unit received, after exchange I am in heaven).