Rose 150B won’t read flash drive

Downloaded some dsd files from NativeDSD onto a flash drive and then played on rose thru usb……Worked yesterday but not today. Tried rebooting etc… today it “can’t find audio source”. Maybe it will work tomorrow!? :flushed:. Not sure what else to try.

@hman

I don’t know enough about your description to respond to your symptoms.

Please answer a few questions.

1. Do you use your RS150b’s own DAC or an external DAC? If you use an external DAC, please let me know what output you connect it to.
  2. If you select In/Out setting->OUTPUT->digital output setting (gear), you can select DSD Mode. What is the DSD mode setting of your RS150b?
    If Native DSD is set and software volume control is “on”, DSD files cannot be played.
  3. Is there a pop-up message that appears when you select and play a DSD file?
  4. When your DSD file is stored on USB and the USB is connected to RS150b, only the DSD file cannot be read? Do tracks other than DSD files play normally?

Ive found out that the Rose 150B cannot copy files from a USB Flash Drive (!!!). onto my new Samsung SSD. So going to my iMac and trying to get into my smb server its asking for Name and Password. I could not figure out how to change my password(!!!) easily. So I factory reset my 150B, entered new name/password, and then tried accessing the Rose server using the new passwords and its still telling me that the password is wrong and I can’t access the internal ssd. What in the world do I do next…

@hman

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The link below will solve your problem.

If you have forgotten your SMB ID and password, you can create a new account by changing the SMB ID/PW settings on RS150b to OFF and then back to ON.