Rose 150B XLR/Balanced output levels

I have seen discussions about the audio output levels stating that it is best to set the level at a fixed output level when connected to a preamp or integrated. I have tried to execute this but it seems that this is only applicable to the RCA out which in turns leads you to confirm a setting in mV (ie 100mV to 6500mV) for the RCA/unbalanced only. I assume that this fixed pre out level setting only pertains to the unbalanced RCA out only and that I must set the level out via the adjustable level setting if I am utilizing the balanced XLR connections? If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any other setting I may not have identified, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

@Buck

Preout level setting is only available for analog output.

The output value will be fixed according to the set value. When this setting is applied, you will not be able to adjust the volume on ROSE, so you need to adjust the volume on the amplifier. When setting the value, please check the “input sensitivity” of the amplifier you are connecting to and set it to a similar value. If the output is higher than the input sensitivity, clipping and distortion may occur.

When I look at the output settings I only see mV options for Unbalanced/RCA outputs. It seems that the only way to use the BALANCED outputs is with the adjustable output. The input sensitivity only pertains to UNBALANCED from what I can see. Balanced outputs are analogue connections unique to the standard RCA connection.

The value reported is the one for the balanced one, with the unbalanced one next to it in the brackets. Depending on the outputs you use (xlr or RCA) the selected value corresponds

ok…makes sense. Also I just had a huge dumbass moment . I kept on hitting confirm only and did not to hit the APPLY at the top of the screen. No wonder the pre-out setting did not seem to work…duhhh…lol. Now i have to figure out what mV setting. Sensitivity of AMP or Preamp? At the moment set to 500 mV. Seems a bit quiet. I guess i will have to experiment. Thanks for the replies.

I wondered about this also. I called the company I bought my amp from (Passlabs) and they told.me at 2 Volts I would be at 100% output without clipping. They also informed me to experiment with the different voltages. You should pick the one that sounds best to you. I personally picked 3 volts because this really woke up my focal sopra 2’s. The only thing you have to worry about if you go to high on your voltage setting is clipping your amplifier if you crank it up to much. Another thing is distortion goes up and it might sound too foward .

on my Accuphase amp the maximum input level is 5v in XLR, so I set the output level to 5000mv and it works perfectly.
gil