Rose Connect and Rose HiFi

Hello,

I am having a most difficult time to get either to connect and Rose Connect never finds device.

Need help!

Robert

Hello,

To connect Rose streamer and your phone, they should be connected to same network.
Please check if they are connected to same network.

The best way to check it is IP address.

1. Rose Streamer > Settings > IP address
    example) 192.168.5.31

2. iPhone > Settings > WI-FI > Information(i) of your your WI-FI > IP address
    example) 192.168.5.67

In this example, 192.168.5.?? are the same, so they are in same network.

If…
IP address of Rose streamer is 192.168.5.31
IP address of iPhone WIFI is 192.168.3.59

In this case, they are not connected to same network.

1 Like

Thank you for info. The problem is when I look in settings for IP on RS-250 sometimes it says 0.0.0.0

They are on same SSID in terms of network but clearly when I go to find or type in IP manually it does not find it in “Rose Connect”. I just got Rose HiFi to connect but it’s hit or miss.

I think the real problem is I have a mesh network and they grab random IP each time so it’s a challenge to keep straight. Same thing with my wireless printer.

Robert

Is the RS250 placed where it’s hard to connect ethernet cable?

Ethernet cable will be the best method that we can try…
Ethernet connection to ROSE allows you to use tethering as well…

1 Like

Thanks for all the good insight!

I will make an effort to get a Ethernet connection tomorrow morning. I also appreciate the static IP as this will stabilise the connection for sure.

Much appreciated! :pray:t4::pray:t4:

Hello, I managed to get my router close to rose device to connect via Ethernet. The issue I’m having now is when I go to set status IP I get a message that says input valid IP so I have to cancel out.

I turned off Wi-Fi and only using Ethernet for connection now.

The router should allow you to enter the MAC address of your Rose RS-250 and then reserve an IP for that MAC address. The whenever your Rose asks for a DHCP issued IP address it will always get the same one you have assigned. Neat and tidy way of IP assignment and makes sure there are no duplicates on your network which can cause problems.

1 Like

I think I have a compounded problem given that I have a Eero router that is connected to a 5G T-Mobile gateway wirelessly and then I have the RS-250 connected to it via ethernet. Any suggestion on how to mitigate the and eliminate the extra steps would be appreciated.

I can try to connect the Eero to the lan drop so it is also an ethernet connection but I am not sure if that will make a difference.

Thank you,
Rob