How to use STATIC IP and Tethering!

Using same IP address that you used previously with your ROSE device is very important.

If IP address changes, you can face connection error between ROSE and your phone, SMB network and NAS.
Let me introduce how to use STATIC IP address with your ROSE device.
If your router gives ROSE a different IP, there’s nothing ROSE can do, but it’s still the best thing ROSE can do.
Also, please use ethernet if you can. Using ethernet is much more stable than WI-FI.
`

1. STATIC IP (Ethernet)

1. Tap Network button on top right.

1. Tap ‘Ethernet Setup’ on top.

1. Change to STATIC.

In most cases, do not change the information below(IP, gateway, DNS).
You can change them if you’re network expert.

`

2. STATIC (WI-FI)

1. Tap Network button on top right.

1. Touch your WI-FI for few seconds.

1. Tap ‘Static IP Settings’.

1. Tap ‘STATIC’ and ‘Confirm’. DO NOT change other information if you are not network expert.

1. Turn OFF and ON WI-FI few times.

`

3. How to activate Tethering
Tethering is a function that makes your ROSE device to work as a WI-FI router. Which means, you can connect WI-FI from your ROSE device. Tethering is available only when you are using Ethernet.

It can be used for…

• Who do not use router so they can’t use ROSE APP
  • Who has their ROSE device far away from router but ethernet cable is connected, so WI-FI for phone is too weak.
  • Who has difficulty connecting your mobile phone and ROSE device due to a complicated network configuration.

1) Activate ‘Tethering’ and open 'Tethering Setup(4).
(Rose device > Settings > Ethernet > Tethering)

2) Set SSID and Password.
SSID will be name of WI-FI.
Password will be password of WI-FI.

By default, the password is set to be complex. Tap ‘Show password’ and change password that you can easily remember.

3) Confirm. You will be able to use ROSE’s WIFI on your phone.

Thank you for this post. Last week, my laptop suddenly stopped being able to see the 150’s SSD. I checked the 150’s settings and discovered the IP address had changed. After I entered the new IP address, all was good.

What causes IP addresses to change, and is there any way to stop that from happening?

1 Like

Hello,

As mentioned in the post, IP address of RS150B depends on router.
If router sends different IP address to RS150B, RS150B will have different IP address.
Router may send different IP address to RS150B when router was turned off and on, reset, and maybe network issues… it’s very complicated problem.

All RS150B can do is STATIC IP settings.
Follow the steps above, WIFI or ethernet. If you can use ethernet, that would be great.

Thank you. This is yet another reason why UDB plug and play is really, really needed.