Rose Connect Stopped working

Rose connect has stopped working on my windows PC.
When I start the app I get a system error message " The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found". and then a few more cryptic messages about dll’s not found.

I tried re-installing the Rose Connect software and the problem continues.
Any help is appreciated.

This file does belong to the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I have no idea what your reply means or what to do to get the Rose Connect to work.
Do you have any suggestions?

Hello,

Try to install latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

Thanks so much. That got it working!

1 Like

Hello there,

I was using Rose Connect through my iPhone 12 Pro Max and it stopped working. It couldn’t find my RS150B, so I deleted the app from my phone. When I tried to re-install it, I get an error on my RS150 and it won’t let me add the IP address. What can I do? Right now the only way I can access my music is by manually touching the screen

Hello,

Please let me know…

1. What’s the error message you see in RS150B? (Or Rose APP)
    It would be better if you can take a photo.

2. What’s the IP address of RS150B?
    (RS150B > Settings > SystemInfo > IP Address)

3. What’s the IP address of your iPhone?
    iPhone IP address

4. Can you play Rosetube, Rose Radio, Tidal, Qobuz… streaming services that requires network?

5. Do you use Ethernet for RS150B? Or WI-FI?

Best Regards,

Rose IP 192.168.4.88

iPhone 12 Pro Max IP 192.168.2.187

I can play RoseTube and all the streaming services from the touch screen

I’m currently using ethernet

Your two devices are not on the same subnet according to your quoted IP information?
Assuming your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 the maximum number of addresses on a 192.168.2.x is where x is 0 to 254.
Rose RS150B is on ‘4’ and iPhone on ‘2’, need to change the HiFi Rose to 192.168.2.88, assuming no IP clashes.
If the HiFi Rose is working and has access to the internet then.maybe your iPhone is on the wrong subnet and iphone needs to change to 192.168.4.x network.
However, if your subnet mask on all devices is 255.255.0.0 then you can have 65,534 IP addresses (192.168.a.b where a=0 to255 & b=1 to 254) and your IP’s should work as they are.

How do I change the HiFi Rose to 192.168.2.88?

First establish how your home network is set-up?

What does your iPhone say on network details - Settings >> WiFi >> your Home SSID which is ticked - send a photo of your IPV4 adress near the bottom of the info. Should list:

• Configure IP
  • IP Address
  • Subnet Mask
  • Router

Are you wired Ethernet or WiFi to your HiFi Rose RS150B? This will depend on which menu to select to make changes. With the above info we can then make sure the correct IP is used.

If your home network is set correctly the IP changes should not be needed and your router should assign to your phone and RS150B through DHCP assignment.

Hello again,

• Configure IP Automatic
  • IP Address 192.168.2.214
  • Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
  • Router 192.168.2.1

I am wired through Ethernet

Ok this is good, your network is 192.168.2.x and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

Let’s check what your Rose RS150B is saying.
As per @ROSELOA post abvove,
What’s the current IP address of RS150B?
RS150B > Settings > SystemInfo > IP Address

What we want to see is a 192.168.2.(?) address for the RS150B. If it is then all should be good.

However, if not……
To make the Rose RS150B get an automatically assigned DHCP address from your router, check the following:
RS150B > Settings > Ethernet > Cog Wheel top right of display > Make sure that DHCP is selected > Confirm / Cancel.

To force a new IP address can do one of the following,

1. Turn Ethernet interface Off, wait 10 secs, turn it On (Use the OFF/ON slider top right of display)
  2. Disconnect the Ethernet cable to the RS150B, wait 10 secs, plug it back in.
    The RS150B display should confirm the new assigned IP.

Hello there,
I checked the IP on the Rose and it’s 192.168.4.88

You mentioned DCHP and the cog wheel. I went into settings>Ethernet> Where is the cog wheel display? Can you send me a picture? I also couldn’t find DCHP.

In the meantime I turned off the Ethernet for 10 sec, and then when nothing changed, I unplugged it for 10 sec, but I still can’t sign in with the app. It’s so strange as it worked several days ago and then stopped. I’m also having issues with Roon recognizing the RS150, yet it did the first time I set it up.

The ‘cog wheel’ is just to the left of the Ethernet Off/On slider…

And the ‘DHCP’ option setting shows when you press the ‘cog wheel’ button…

Hello again,

I Found the DHCP (see picture) Then I shut off the Ethernet again and nothing changed. Then I removed the Ethernet cable from the back of the Rose, and waited 10 seconds to put it back. The screen remained blank for 5 minutes (see picture), before powering it off and having it reset to the same IP as before.
Can this issue be fixed or do you think that my RS150B is defective?

Hi @steembop
Your RS150B is not defective. I think you have 2 separate inadvertent networks setup in your house. Maybe you were using a different WI-FI network for your iPhone before the last reboot/update.

It seems that the router where you are connecting physically via Ethernet (RS150B) and your iPhone via WI-FI are different. That is why they can’t talk to each other.

Your Ethernet router is 192.168.4.1. Your WI-FI router is 192.168.2.1. That was shown by the info you provided.

The above could be because you may have a cable modem router that provides one network and you may have a separate router for WI-FI - maybe an extension of your first network???

The issue is that each of the routers you are using is configured as a DHCP server which hands out IP addresses to devices that connect to it. Each is intended to connect to the internet and provide a separate “private” network 192.168.2.x and 192.168.4.x.

Can you provide some info about what devices you have (aka routers) to connect to the internet? What is connected at the other end of your ethernet being used for the RS150B?

If the above is a consequence of maybe adding another router for Wi-Fi and that is connected to the same Ethernet, that additional router needs to be setup up as as an ACCESS POINT (AP) - or it may be the wired router for the RS150B that is misconfigured as such.

We first need to understand a little bit about what devices you have for connecting to the network. The fix can be using the right WI-FI or fixing the router configurations as noted above.

I hope that helps. It seems you have an internal network issue.

Is your RS150B plugged into your router directly and does your router also handle your WiFi?
What is the make and model of your router? Do you have any other network hardware (network switches / wireless access points / NAS etc.)?

If your router has spare LAN network connections then try another socket and check the IP assigned to the RS150B - do not connect to a port labelled WAN. On more complex routers their setup allows you to make all subnets available to particular LAN connections or all LAN connections.

As @Manny highlighted you have various subnets on your network - something I was leading into with the various steps above. Was looking to break the diagnosis down into small steps.

Please provide more info on your network setup and hardware?

Hello there,

When I got home I tried plugging my ethernet cable directly from my RS150B into my modem, and suddenly my IP address changed. Now everything works. Problem solved.

Thanks for your assistance!

@steembop Good news :grinning: