Not sure if anyone else had this happen or not. Really feeling disappointed. I have purchased 4 Rose products over the past 2 years. The last purchase a RS130. The other day came home and the unit clicks on and off but blank screen nothing happens. I called for service and although I have owned it for less than 2 years it was manufactured 2 years and a few months so out of warranty. I can send the unit in for repair but looking at $1,000 or more for repair as an estimate. At this point I guess I’m stuck with no other choice.
@spkbmw007, I’m really sorry to hear this, and unfortunately your post is particularly concerning given the other RS130 failures that have recently been discussed on this forum.
The symptom you describe—pressing the power button, hearing the unit click, but having the RS130 fail to start with a completely blank screen—sounds remarkably similar to what @Rasidaba has reported with his RS130. His situation is especially troubling because his unit has experienced the problem repeatedly, including after major components such as the mainboard and power-supply board were replaced.
I have also experienced a significant RS130 failure myself, although mine was different: my display failed completely and the unit ultimately had to be replaced.
I want to be careful here because none of us has access to HiFi ROSE’s overall failure-rate data, and individual reports alone do not establish that the RS130 has a systemic defect. But as additional owners begin reporting serious failures—particularly when some of the symptoms appear similar—I think it is entirely reasonable for RS130 owners to start asking HiFi ROSE some difficult questions about long-term reliability.
Your warranty situation makes this even more concerning.
You purchased the unit less than two years ago, yet you’re apparently being told that warranty eligibility is based on when the unit was manufactured , leaving you responsible for what you have been told could be a $1,000+ repair.
If that is indeed HiFi ROSE’s warranty policy and how it is being applied in your case, I would strongly encourage you to ask HiFi ROSE to reconsider it. A consumer has no control over how long a product sits in manufacturing inventory, distribution or a dealer’s warehouse before being purchased. From a customer’s perspective, discovering that part of the warranty period may have effectively elapsed before you even owned the product is understandably difficult to accept.
And after purchasing four HiFi ROSE products in two years , I would hope the company recognizes the loyalty you’ve demonstrated and works with you rather than simply leaving you with a four-figure repair estimate on an RS130 you’ve owned for less than two years.
More broadly, I think HiFi ROSE needs to start addressing these RS130 reports collectively rather than treating every occurrence exclusively as an individual service matter.
Are these failures unrelated?
Is there a particular component involved?
Have any production changes been made during the RS130’s manufacturing life?
When a mainboard or power-related board is replaced, is the replacement component identical to the original or has it been revised?
And most importantly, what happens to owners experiencing these failures as more RS130s move beyond their warranty periods?
There may be perfectly reasonable technical explanations for all of this. But that’s exactly why greater transparency from HiFi ROSE would be helpful.
A product at the RS130’s price level should provide owners with confidence that it can remain in service for many years. A customer who has owned one for less than two years shouldn’t suddenly be facing the possibility of a $1,000+ repair without HiFi ROSE at least taking a close look at the circumstances.
Please keep us updated on what happens. Given the other RS130 failures being discussed here, I suspect a lot of owners—including me—are going to be paying very close attention to how HiFi ROSE responds to your case.
This sounds like the exact issue my RS130 has shown multiple times. According to Rose the problem is resolved by replacing the mainboard and power supply board by an improved version. Alas, in my case this has not resolved the problem as my RS130 quit working a few months after the aforementioned repair. Where are you located, as in most countries the warranty period begins on the date of purchase. I have never heard that the warranty starts on the DOM.
spkbmw007
That’s nonsense—who cares when the device was manufactured? What matters is the date of purchase, as that’s when the two-year warranty begins. The people at your service center are clueless and don’t know the law.
Write to Rose and have them intervene, because this is nothing short of a scam.
You can buy a car from the previous year, for example, but the warranty starts from the moment of purchase, not the date of manufacture.
Hello @spkbmw007 ,
First and foremost, we sincerely appreciate your continued loyalty and passion for HiFi ROSE products as an owner of multiple units. We are truly sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your RS130 and having a frustrating experience.
We would like to gently clarify a misunderstanding regarding your warranty timeline.
HiFi ROSE’s official warranty policy is valid for 24 months based on the purchase date indicated on the proof of purchase. We only refer to the manufacturing date as an additional reference to offer our customers an alternative way to receive warranty support when a purchase receipt cannot be provided.
According to the receipt submitted to our support team, the order date for the unit is confirmed to be January 4, 2024. As of September 2026, approximately 2 years and 8 months (32 months) have passed since the initial purchase. Therefore, the 2-year manufacturer warranty expired in January 2026, and the unit is unfortunately out of warranty based on the actual purchase date as well as the manufacturing date.
If an incorrect proof of purchase was submitted by mistake, please reply to your previous email thread with the correct document so that we can review and apply the updated proof of purchase.
Thank you.
Do you not know when you bought the device, or are you deliberately misleading the users of this forum?
1000 dollars for a repair seems very excessive and would stop me buying anything new from HiFi Rose.
If they cannot make reliable products they ought to be subsiding any repairs that are needed.
Expensive HiFi products should be made and designed so that they can expect in most cases to have a life of 10-20 years. I own audio products that are at least 30 years old and have never needed any repairs.
Is $5,000 considered expensive for a device? Honestly, I own two cables—a speaker cable and an interconnect linking my integrated amp to my SACD player—where each one costs more than the Rose RS 151; furthermore, the cables connected to the Rose RS 151 itself (power and interconnect) are also pricier than the Rose unit.
Brands like Lumin, Aurender, and Esoteric offer truly expensive streaming players, Rose by today’s standards, player is reasonably priced—though they really need to improve the app, as it falls short of modern expectations. And if someone finds a $1,000 repair bill too steep, they shouldn’t be buying this kind of equipment in the first place; whether it’s audio gear, a car, or speakers, you need to be able to afford the repairs, because modern devices and vehicles are vastly different from those made 20 or 30 years ago—and breakdowns do happen.
Oh, you know, there are some things you’re better off keeping to yourself…. 
The date of manufacturing was 2023 I purchased in 2024 so my warranty did expire that is correct. Although after purchasing a Rose 150, an external drive, internal solid state, fiber optic connection and now the 130 and spending over $5,000 on this unit I was hopeful they would reconsider the repair costs for this. I just spent $150 and sent it back today to California for diagnosis. So far they have been very helpful and we will see what exactly is wrong hopefully it will not need the possible $1300 repair and whatever repair it does need it will be covered with additional warranty. I am just apprehensive now about purchasing the 160 dac that I planned on getting.
Having the ability to waste $1000’s on a repair because you have the money to do so doesn’t make you any wiser or prominent. The facts are good quality well built items should not go down like this. I own several cars that cost hundreds of thousands and I expect them to last and function and perform as they are stated to do so.
It’s not about who is smarter; it’s simply about the facts. In your first post, you claimed that Rose considers the device to be under warranty from the date of purchase, whereas the manufacturer looks at the date of manufacture. As it turned out, that wasn’t true, because you’ve had the device for over two years since buying it.
Another point: modern audio equipment, cars, and the like are complex. Unfortunately, people run into issues not just with $4,000–$5,000 players, but with ones costing $15,000, $20,000, or even $25,000—I know of such cases.
On top of that, since you’re from the USA, the device costs you less than it does us in Europe. Generally speaking, you come from a much wealthier country than many of us living in poorer European nations, so your complaining really puzzles me.
For instance, in my country, the minimum wage (after taxes) is comparable to the cost of this repair. Just think about whether $1,000 is really such an astronomical sum for an American. It’s worth considering, because I was genuinely surprised that you view $1,000 as such a huge amount.
A while back, my coffee machine broke down—it had cost around $1,000, and the repair cost $500, even though it was only seven months past the warranty period 
You should read up on the warranty terms, as you seem to be struggling with that aspect. Just to help you out: any component replaced in the device after the main warranty has expired comes with its own warranty.
I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
I have the rd160 I bought 2nd hand ive never had a problem with it, I also have the rs130 which is very temperamental, but getting less so with the updates Rose are putting out great equipment when performing as they should hope you get your unit sorted out at a reasonable cost
We orderd in the same timeline, as your purchase, 4x RS130, 2 of them running into this exact problem in the first 2 weeks. That is a known hardware issue and Rose should replace that piece without looking on their warrent-timelines…
A HIFI-Component on that price-level, shipped to cutomers with these kind of problems shows a lack of solid Endpoint Control.
We suffered politely on that poor programming of the past Software-Versions, hadware should be off their processes, as they know what is causing the issue. Bad.
I too experienced this exact same problem in August of 2025. Originally received my RS130 in May of 2024. Took it into my dealer, and problem was handled under warranty. Was without the unit for about 7 weeks. It is troubling that this seems to be a recurring problem.
These reports are exactly why owners are asking legitimate questions about RS130 reliability. When multiple customers describe the same or very similar hardware failure—some occurring very early in ownership—it deserves a serious investigation by HiFi ROSE.
Customers spending this kind of money should not be expected to simply accept recurring failures, lengthy repairs, and uncertainty about what happens after the warranty expires.
I hope HiFi ROSE looks at these cases collectively rather than treating each one as an isolated incident, determines whether there is a common failure mechanism, and takes care of the affected owners appropriately. That would go a long way toward rebuilding confidence.