Rose OS and bluetooth remote controller

Hi Hifirose,
Just bought my amazing RS150 (what a fckng good sound!).
Please find here my feedback or enhancements suggestions using remote controller (all described actions using the remote controller):

• From main screen, cannot press up to go to the “playing screen” (current playing song)
  • In “options”, cannot press right button to move cursor to a sub menu and change settings
  • In vumeter mode, cannot put cursor on the “change theme” option, so that I need to touch screen or use Rose connect to change mode,
  • In lists (of albums, artists, songs, playlist…) impossible to choose the “…” menu (with remote), even with “threee bars” key on the remote, this button seems to be useless (I never seen any reaction of the RS150 when pressing this key).
  • In tidal main screen, possible to go to the current playing bar, and refresh/reload option, but not search option (magnifier).
  • globally, need a better integration of the cursor, using direction keys of the remote (would be nice to go everywhere).

I have some other feedbacks with specific usecases, will separate into distinct topics.

Thanks for your good job, I looking forward to get future improvments.

Christophe

2 Likes

+1
The function of bluetooth remote is very limited now. I mainly use it for playback control.

Hello,

In the next patch…

1. You can move to the currently playing screen through the Favorites button on the remote control.
  2. In most menus of Setting, press the right button to move the cursor to the submenu and set.
  3. In VU mode, you can change the VU mode by placing the cursor on the theme change.
  4. Through the 3-line button on the BT remote control, you can select the ‘…’ menu on the screen.
  5. I will check the search button in TIDAL.

Thank you,

3 Likes

Looking forward to the new firmware update! Hope you can fix the album cover display problem.

Hi @ROSELOA,

Wouaw ! You’re so reactive, that sounds good!
Thank you for your attention on our feedbacks.

One remarks about this point:

1. You can move to the currently playing screen through the Favorites button on the remote control.

Personally, I’d prefer to go to this top of screen part using the “up” key of the remote, in order to keep my actual favorites setting.
but I’m not the only user over the world :wink:

When do you plan to publish the next patch? I have some other feedbacks, on Rose Tidal, that should be nice to have in the next release, I’ll try to push them in the day.

Thank you,

Christophe

Hi @ROSELOA,

As additional information, please be careful with the:

1. Through the 3-line button on the BT remote control, you can select the ‘…’ menu on the screen.

Some menus have multiple ‘…’ menus (for example, when I go to an album content, we can see one ‘…’ options for album and one ‘…’ per displayed track.
So, should be active for currently selected item.

Thank you,

Christophe