Rose rs 250 and Roon

Good afternoon. Quick question. Can I get a Roon subscript on my iPad, and connect to my rs250 and manage my library on my internal ssd 2tb drive? Do I need a Roon core unit , or I can use Roon alone with the rs250. I also have Qobuz and tidal accounts. I’m assuming I can stream directly to the Rs 250.
As far as hi quality music, would it be better to connect the rs250 directly to my router, or can I stream in hi resolution mqa, or hi-res over Wi-Fi please.
Thank you

Hello,

RS250 is ROON Ready device, so you will need another device with ROON Core.
Ethernet is much more stable than WIFI.

Go to the ROON forums! you will find 100% info on what you need or might need. Roon is easy to setup and use. Do know you have to pay per month / year / life fee! To use it. Its not cheap! Hence you still have pay for your music service. Roon needs a core! and cannot be installed on a tablet. You need a PC or laptop.

Never connect your Streamer directly to a router! Please buy a cheap internet switch and a decent internetcable to your streamer. ( my opinion ) I dont know why people want to use WIFI(streams everyting). Its handy but not rock solid. What ever rocks your boat.

I built a Roon Core running ROCK (Roon Optimized Core kit) after I decided to keep Roon from an intel NUC and a fanless case. Works great!

1 Like