ROSE RS 520 Pre-Amp SETTINGS *HELP!*

First of all I’m really super happy with my Rose RS520 but… I started with the Rose as an amplifier on my troublesome electrostatic speakers. It seems that the Rose has to work very hard to produce any sound, volume at 75-80 is normal i even hear the Rose sometimes clipping.The first solution was to set the speakers from bookshelf to big-boy; that helps a little but still s the sound soft. So I ended up buying mono power amplifiers that are known for their power. But I still have to turn the volume up to 70-80 for any sense of volume; HELP !Yesterday I tried the setting where the volume of the Rose is turned off. the fixed output set to 1300 mv(input end amplifiers is 1.25V) and then all together the sound was there, and it was BEAUTIFUL. However, I can no longer control volume; WHAT TO DO, …HELP

Probably you turned off the Software Volume Control by accident.
You can toggle it to on again in output setting.

1 Like

Hi Tom, thanks for your comment ! But… When I use the fixed output (because it offers the best solution for sound and volume technology) the volume control function turns off automatically.
That is why I want to know if there is another possibility to use the fixed output in combination with a volume control

Gr. Frank

Wouldn’t fixed output be, by definition, fixed and have no volume control?

Then you’ll need a preamp or a passive preamp if you just need volume control.
Also you may try using a higher preout level under variable volume setting to see how it sounds.
The default value for my RA180 is 2000mV. I set the preout on my RS150 to 3000mV. It sounds better to my ears.