Rose RS150 suddenly shut down itself

Hi ROSE,

My RS150 was working fine for half a year and today when I was playing Tidal, it suddenly powered off by itself. I can hear one click when it shut down itself.

A side note: When you first powered on, you can hear two relay clicks. But the sudden shut off only have one click.

The app can no longer connect to my RS150 and the power (touch) button also does not respond.

I am running the latest firmware.

I have to flick the rear power button off and on again in order to boot it up again, but it would shut down itself after few seconds after booted.

Please help.

You could reset it with the reset button on the back. Nothing to loose there. Would be the first thing I would do.

if it doesnt power on. Check the fuse maybe?

Hope you get yours running ASAP!

Hi Tom_one,

I just tried that, and it didn’t work. It would boot up with ROSE logo and then powers off immediately with a click (relay) noise.

Hence, it doesn’t even allow me to do a factory reset too.

unfortunately the problem persist, could Rose technical support team assist me, please?

It appears to be a hardware issue rather than software issue. :pensive:

Hello,

How long have you used the RS150B?
If the issue continues, it is better to send it to a distributor.
Who is your Distributor?

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi ROSELOA,

I have sent you a PM and need more help on details of how to bring it in for service.

Thanks.

I checked it,

Thank you.

Hi Roseloa,

I followed your suggestion and brought my unit to the authorised dealer for repair.

It took about a week for the diagnose and repair work. The dealer told me that my unit appears to have a faulty motherboard and they told me it has been replaced.

I picked up my repaired unit on the 7th of July and it has been working as it should for about two weeks and today the same issue is happening again. It appears that my unit is a lemon. Please advise on what to do as it is a hassle to bring this heavy unit to my dealer back and forth.

I enjoyed using RS150B, I liked it a lot, but it is quite a disappointment for me.

Please help.

Any help from the Rose team would be appreciated.

:pensive:

Hello,

Sorry for not making good memories. I will contact your distributor and check what was the problem with the RS150.

Some questions+

1. After the issue had occurred, can you turn it on again after cooling it down?
    If you can turn it on, how long can you use it? Goes off after few seconds?

2. When you turn it on, do you see something appears on the display? ROSE logo, main menu maybe?

3. If nothing appears on the screen, do you see backlight of screen is on?

Best Regards,

Hi Roseloa,

1. The unit was barely warm when operating, because I am running my system under AC room. After it suddenly powered off, it does not respond to my front panel “screen touch” power button. I have to turn on/off the main power switch on the back of the unit first, and turn it back on. After I was about to boot the unit up (even without running any app, just the main menu), it would running for about 1 minute and off again by itself. However, problem is sporadical. It can sometime run for a few hours and it would shut down again.

2. Yes, when I turn it on, Rose logo and main menu. But it would turn off even without running any application. It was as if the power of the unit was somehow suddenly cut off.

3. please refer to answer 2.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for detailed information and video, it was very helpful to check your situation.
I will check with engineers and let you know soon.