Rose RS150B I2S RJ45 connections

Is there any reason and different for Rose to use Ethernet lan input via DLNA protocol to connect NAS but digital port is called I2S RJ45. My DAC has renender with Ethernet RJ45 port DLNA protocol, may I output the original digital signals from RS150B to my DAC by using any Cat 8 audio grade Ethernet cable? In fact HiFi Rose intentions to offer as many as possible of digital output for user. But why not straight go into Ethernet digital with isolation instead of I2S RJ45 to create problem to the user?
Thanks!

I2S is communication protocol but it uses many types of interfaced such as HDMI and RJ45.

Do you have an external DAC with I2S protocol via RJ45?

Hello, CAT6 to CAT8 are all available for I2S RJ45 port.
However, as I said before, you need to modify your LAN cable to match the I2S port arrangement of ROSE.
This is because the arrangement of I2S ports may be different for each product.

Also, you can use the ROSE APP even if you connect a LAN cable to RS150B.
I’ll tell you how.

1. Connect the LAN cable from the wall to your router.
  2. Connect the router and RS150B with another LAN cable.
  3. Connect your mobile phone to WIFI from the router.

In this way, your RS150B and mobile phone are on the same network.
If they are on the same network, you can control the RS150B using the mobile phone APP.

1 Like

Hi
Thank you for your reply! Is my RS150B using the same cable wire arrangement as normal Cat 8 Ethernet cable?

On the other hand, I have a Dirac Live room correction account. How I can install the Dirac Live app on RS150B for add on room correction function.

Thanks!

Best regards
George

Hello,

Is my RS150B using the same cable wire arrangement as normal Cat 8 Ethernet cable?
→ I guess not. You will have to follow the RS150B arrangement.

How I can install the Dirac Live app on RS150B for add on room correction function.
→ ROSE do not support Dirac live room. I guess you will have to use external DAC.

Do you know the wiring different in between Cat 8 Ethernet and 150B I2S cable arrangement?

See back of your player - it’s all there!

I had connected Cat8 Ethernet cable in between RS150B I2S port and MSB Renender V2. But it doesn’t work at all.

Is there anyone know how to connect RS150B with MSB DAC’s Renender V2?

Hello,

Show this post to your ethernet cable manufacturer, and ask them to make sure they are aligned properly.