Rose RS150B v4.17.04 YouTube issue

Hi @ROSELOA @ROSELOA

I have encountered this latency or buffering issues when playing YouTube via RoseTube after upgrading RS150B to the latest version (v4.17.04).

I’m using Ethernet connection and on 1Gbps fibre broadband. Pls help to check if it’s a bug. Thanks!

@batigol

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please check a few things.

1. You said that whenever you play a video on Rosetube, it suddenly stop.
    Approximately how long does it take to buffer before playing again?
  2. Is your Rose device connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
    If connected via Wi-Fi, what is the strength of the Wi-Fi?
  3. When you go to Rosestore on your Rose device, is Rosetube updated to the latest version?
  4. Does the same symptom occur even if Rose device–>Video–>Settings–>“Use VLC Player” is set to OFF?
1 Like

Hi @ROSEHAN

Pls find my replies below for the issues encountered after I updated RS150B to the latest version!

1. Approximately how long does it take to buffer before playing again?
    Ans; I think it took quite long think 20s or so, and it’s not stable also as it’ll play for 2 seconds, then stop for 20s and play for 2 seconds. It’s very frustrating!

2 Is your Rose device connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
Ans; it’s connected to Ethernet cable

1. When you go to Rosestore on your Rose device, is Rosetube updated to the latest version?
    Ans: yes, it’s the latest version 4.17.0446

2. Does the same symptom occur even if Rose device–>Video–>Settings–>“Use VLC Player” is set to OFF?
    Ans: VLC player not installed as I don’t use it.

Hi

I have same problem 🥲 I use rs150b.

I have the same problem, I use RS130.

@ROSEHAN

Appreciate if your team can rectify this serious bug in the new version :pray:

I suggest that u guys should test thoroughly in the lab first before releasing new software update

1 Like

Dear Hi-Fi Rose users

Since we are not experiencing the symptoms, we have a few questions for you.

1. Do you experience the same problem of stopping or buffering on a specific video or at a specific location on RoseTube?
  2. If you are using the TV on when playing RoseTube videos, does the same symptom occur even after changing it to off?
  3. Did you play 4K video on RoseTube? Or does the symptom only appear on certain videos other than 4K videos?

@ROSEHAN

1. Do you experience the same problem of stopping or buffering on a specific video or at a specific location on RoseTube?
    Ans: Most of the YouTube (or RoseTube as u named it) have the problem :pensive:

2. If you are using the TV on when playing RoseTube videos, does the same symptom occur even after changing it to off?
    And: I’m not using TV. Just the Rose connect app to play on my Hifi system.

3. Did you play 4K video on RoseTube? Or does the symptom only appear on certain videos other than 4K videos?
    Ans: I don’t play 4K video .

@batigol

We are currently investigating issues related to Rosetube. Please understand that it may take some time for us to resolve the issue.

I also have the same issue! If the TV is on, there’s no problem otherwise it stops very often.

@ROSEHAN

Thanks and much appreciated! Hope to have good news soon :blush:

@ROSEHAN

Hi, like to check if there’s any updates and resolution provided for this YouTube delay issue?

@batigol

This issue has been fixed.
Please update Rose device–>Rose Store–>Rose Tube version to 4.17.04.47