Rose RS250 and YAMAHA CD-S2100

My Rose RS250, (with which I am very happy) does not recognize the YAMAHA CD-S2100 as an external DAC, I can only connect it by coaxial cable, or by optical cable, but not by USB. I wonder if there will be a solution in the near future as I like the sound of the YAMAHA. Greetings from Spain.

Did you connect it the correct way - and activated USB IN on the Rose, and check settings for the Yamaha DAC?

1 Like

And a quick check in the manual - your Yamaha requires USB Drivers from Steinberg, to work.
So it’s more Yamaha to ask than Rose from my point of view.

1 Like

Yes, it’s ok connect to the USB input… THANK YOU

Indeed, that is the problem… ROSE works with ANDROID, and must be updated by the manufacturer to be able to use it with external YAMAHA DACs. Now there is a problem, Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver only works on MAC and WINDOWS, but NOT on ANDROID… :frowning:

Yes - and this goes for all external DACs, without native driver support. Either you see it in the list or its not supported.
this is something, Yamaha had to offer - no way to integrate from Rose. And I’m not sure, that the DAC in the Yamaha is superior to the one in your Rose.
And for testing, COAX and TOSLINK will work.

1 Like

The ROSE has an ES9038 Q2M(ESS) chip, while the YAMAHA mounts an ESS ES9016, I have been reading on the internet in various forums, and I have read that the ESS ES9016 being a cheaper chip, it sounds more natural than the ES9038, of the which they say has a harder and harsher sound than the 9016 (I have been able to verify it by connecting the ROSE to the YAMAHA via coaxial and toslink, where it works without problems) My amplifier is a YAMAHA A-S3200, and if I connect the ROSE directly … I’m not quite convinced. THANK YOU

I had the same problem with my Yamaha CD-S2100 and Rose RS250 which I borrow to tests.
I sold my CD-S2100 and bought Rose RS150 :slight_smile:
I had many problems with this Steinberg which is apply in Yamaha.
Regards

1 Like

Thank you very much friend, but I really like the YAMAHA, even more so when I have it together with an A-S3200, and both sound really good, I bought the Rose RS250 to remove a MacbookPro M1 that I used to listen to music with Audirvana, if not there is a solution in future updates of the Rose RS250, although I like it a lot, maybe I will end up selling it :frowning: (the Rose RS250)