Rose RS250A - Software Updates

Hello People, how good to greet you again!

Please, I want to know the following:
I use my Rose RS250A as a DAC to play from an external hard drive and don’t connect to the internet.

Does the website have a section to find out about Firmware and software updates?

Thanks Jose.

No it hasn’t
You need to have an Internet connection to receive automatic updates

Hello Bitspped and thank you for your response.

I understand what you are saying, but in my case I have no interest in using the product as a streamer.

A couple of weeks ago, I made the updates because I read on the forums that there was a new one…I’ll have to keep it up.

Thanks Jose.

Rose does post update firmware notifications in this forum.

You could always connect your 250 to the internet over WiFi (so you don’t even need to run any cables) and have it check for updates, whether you actually use it as a streamer or not. Although I do wonder why pay for all the features of 250 if you are not using any of them…

BorisM.

Thanks for your answer.

I don’t use the RS250A as a streamer, because the audio quality on the “most famous” platforms is horrible, compared to transferring your own music to digital and without any type of compression: CD - SACD, etc.

I have more than 1,200 CDS of my own, converted to WAV without compression and the same with my SACDs or SHM-CDs.

Here you can see what I do

There is absolutely no difference in quality between WAV and FLAC compression. And FLACs have better tagging support. Although disk space is cheap now…

SQ from Qobuz (or even Tidal) is the same as if you had the same CD at home (of course it is sometimes difficult to figure out which master they are using).

Still, not sure why pay for a full-featured streamer if you are not using any of the streaming capabilities; there are identical stand-alone DACs for significantly less because tghey do not have any of the streaming stuff.

Still, for Rose specifically, just connect it to the network and it will tell you if there is an update…

Boris.

Thank you for your comments.