Rose server connection issues

Since the latest disastrous software release I am continually getting erratic behaviour through the Rose connect app and my RS150b keeps returning Unable to connect to Rose server error messages.

I am running over ethernet cable into my router on fibre broadband with 850mbps speed. I am able to stream Youtube content to my TV over the same connection but cannot access anything on the RS150b, e.g. Rose store, Rose tube, Qobuz, other than internet radio.

The issue has now happened several times since the latest software release.

What is going on and can users revert back to the previous, more stable, version of software?

1 Like

@NickH

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please answer a few questions.

1. Currently, RS150b and RoseConnect app cannot be connected?
    Or is it connected, but the RoseConnect app does nothing?
  2. Do Rose store, Rose tube, and Qobuz operate normally in RS150b?
    Or does no list appear when you enter Rose store, Rose tube, or Qobuz?
  3. Are your symptoms like the video below?
    https://youtu.be/OyMGcz1zFU4
    If so, please try the method below
    RS150b–>Rose Store–>Install Tidal–>Reboot RS150b–>Delete Tidal

Hi thank you for replying the responses are as follows:

I have got the connection back however neither the 150b nor app could connect to your servers.

I get a unable to access Rose server message and I am unable to connect to any Rose delivered services.

Yes, I do get the same issue with the RoseConnect app. I would uninstall Qobuz and reinstall but I can’t connect to Rose delivered services, i.e. not just Qobuz., to be able to do this.

@NickH

1. First of all, there seems to be a problem with the Wi-Fi connection to RS150b.
    Please try RS150b–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset. After factory reset, check if it can be connected to the Rose server.
  2. If an Ethernet connection is available, try connecting.
  3. There may be a problem with the dongle of your RS150b.
    Please try steps 1 and 2 first and let me know the results.

I use my RS150b over Ethernet connection, nothing to do with wifi although I get same issue over wifi.

@NickH

Have you tried a factory reset?

No, not yet. I will try over the weekend.

Will HifI Rose consider making arrangements for buy back of equipment where software releases are making the product highly unstable to the point of unusable?

I have just completed a full factory reset and reinstalled Qobuz. This has made no difference.

I am able to access Rose Store, Rose Radio and Rose Tube without issue, but I cannot pull any music from Qobuz at all.

Can you please liaise with the UK distributor, Henley Audio, to discuss buy back of my 150b. The unit is two years old and outside of warranty but it is now no more than an expensive radio and I will need to replace with a streamer/DAC which works.

Like others, I still get intermittent sound drop out when using digital output from my TV, over toslink/spdif or ARC/HDMI.

Further update, I have now lost all connectivity to the Rose server again making my RS150b a useless black box.

I have no issues streaming 4k HDR video through the same router/connectivity and I am able to stream Qobuz over wifi through my iPhone and Macbook without issue and ethernet through my MacBook.

I have tried different cables over different ports, rebooted the modem and router all work fine into my TV and MacBook. RS150b just returns cannot connect to Rose server message.

Therefore either the network card has failed, just outside of warranty, or you have made a set up change in the last software release which is blocking IP traffic.

Can you please contact Henley Audio and arrange to buy the unit back off me. I don’t want a replace I am too disappointed by Hifi Rose.

Hi, further update.

I visited a local audio dealer today to try out some new speakers and they are a Rose dealer and we used his 150b for testing purposes. His RS150b has the latest software installed and I bought my network equipment with me to test, without any issues. (Usual issue with RoseConnect app hanging and needing to be restarted, but that’s a given)

Back at home, I have also plugged the wifi adaptor back in and tried connection over the wifi and get the same network connection issue. I therefore believe the network card has failed in my unit.

Therefore issues with Hifi Rose are:

• Network card failure 3 months after warranty expired
  • Mechanical hum from toroidal transformer since very early on in ownership.
  • Software full of bugs and beta tested by customers
  • I have tried tho use the usb input to stream Qobuz from my MacBook and use the RS150b as a DAC only, but the usb input doesn’t appear to work either.
  • Sound drop out when using TV as a source, particularly over HDMI but also over TOSlink.

In conclusion it’s a load of rubbish!

I won’t take the unit back to the supplying retailer, as it’s now out of warranty and I experienced very poor service from them and have terminated relations with them.

HiFi Rose please do the right thing let Henley take the unit back and refund my money.

Regards

Final Update…

I’ve spent some time today working on the issue again. I pulled out my old, more basic router with less security features on it and plugged it in and I am finally able to access your servers and receive Qobuz and Rose delivered services again. (Interesting that I was still able to access internet radio through my unit)

Can you please advise what security or IP changes you have made either on the 150b software or on your servers, which caused my main router to start blocking connectivity. I would also like to understand if there are any considerations I need to be aware when configuring my main router to allow access to your servers.

I am pleased that I have identified and solved the main issue with my 150b, but disappointed that another of your software releases has caused more end user issues and a poor experience.

Regards