ROSEDISK waiting

I deleted and loaded the SSD with additional music, put it back into the RS520, did a DB rescan which was finished in about 5h .
Then i waited another 24h to finish whatever process works in the background but this one never seems to finish.
I then deleted the DB, intitialized it and started another DB rescan.
Now something is working but i do not see any progress indicator except the ROSEDISK waiting.
i am trying to get to my music for about 2 days.
I use the EA version…
Shall i wait for the “waiting” of the ROSEDISK to finish?

Update;
I waited until yesterday evening when i reset the DB again, then reread the contents of the SSD over night until this morning when i saw the wait & progressing status until it finally finished successfully on midday.
This is now on the 4th day…

@Ben

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please answer a few questions.

1. How much storage capacity is stored on your SSD?
  2. Is your SSD capacity more than 4TB?

Each user has different DB lists.
Scan completion time may vary due to various factors such as a large number of DBs or meta information.
However, we also think that we are not fast enough to scan, so we are continuously improving the scanning speed.

Even if you feel uncomfortable while using it, please give us your time with a generous heart.

Hello ROSEHAN

the SSD is 4TB and it is about 90% full with high res FLAC. All are fully tagged inkl. album pictures of size 1400x1400 400kb for front cover, some also with back cover and artists photo.

I copy the music from my windows computer to the SDD with /robocopy, then insert the SSD back into RS 520 and start the DB build process. I did not do this for the first time. But this time the process took very long without giving a sign that it is finished.

From what i understand, the scan of the tracks takes about 5h, but consolidating the tracks/tags takes about 20h more. The first 3 x without coming to an end. Status was “waiting” and “processing”

The 4 try was then successful, all in all about 20h

Hi

I have a rs-250a and had same problem while rose is scanning the inside 4tb ssd, only 900 giga is used with music (flac, dsd, iso).
I add new music from my computer to rosedisk via lan.

I only add 2 or 3 albums per week on my collection then i start a scanning and it last forever : it starts with “waiting” statuts and stays like this for hours, when the scanning status is on progression it also last for more than 20h. I can understand when it is a new scanning from scratch but just for 2 or 3 new folders (max 100 new files) is not normal.

Btw when i scan files from computer hard disk from lan, scanning is quick.
I don’t use early access app.
Thank you for your help

I think that the Rose OS is reading all tracks again even though there are only few new ones.
While reading, the process compares if it has tracks already in the DB and this takes longer than reading everything from scratch.
That means to delete/initialise the DB and start new. It will be faster. For me it is easier because i store all track information in tagged fields in the music files.

Yes i noticed that last night. I erased db and started a new scan : it only last 45 minutes.

But i don’t really like that option because i want to see the last album i added in first place. When I delete db then last album section is showing albums in order rose scans them and then no more by date.