Rosetube not playing full video

RS150B Rosetube will only play part of a video and then skips to the next if more than one in the cue. If I only have one video cued then it plays about half of it and cycles back to the beginning. This is a relatively new issue as previously it worked as expected. Have tried switching the device on and off but it hasn’t fixed the problem

1 Like

Yes ! Me too, I have the same problem. Some of the video cannot be fully played. I found out that the grey bar at the bottom is moving too slow than the orange one. That means, the grey bar can’t catch up with the orange! Then it starts again from the beginning and the same video repeat & repeat! Not all video are being like this, but some of them.
Mine is the 130

Same issue here with my RS520. Plays until it catches up to the gray bar and then starts over.

Dear Hi-Fi Rose users

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Looking at the current symptoms, it seems to be a network stability issue.
Please check a few things.

1. Do you use the caching function when using Rosetube?
  2. Ethernet or WiFi, which connection do you use when using the Rose device?
  3. Are you using the Rose device and the monitor connected via HDMI?
  4. You said the issue occurs with a specific video. Is the specific video a 4k video?

Thank you

Hi Rosehan,

How to disable or turn off the caching function when play Rosetube?

I cleared caching when the YouTube video did not play.However, it did not help.

Thanks!

Hi Rosehan, It is definitely not a network problem. It is absolutely a software problem. For some reason it only downloads a portion of a video file and then stops. Even if I pause the play it still stops downloading. This happens on all Rosetube video downloads but not Tidal.

Switching caching on or off makes no difference. It stops downloading at the same part of file in both circumstances

Rosehan I think I may have found the problem. When I launched Rosetube from the 150B (rather than my ipad) I found there was an incomplete software update. Once the update completed initial indications are that videos do not hang

@Doubleshot

I also tried to check it out.

Please check if Rose device–>RoseStore–>Rosetube is updated to the latest version.
The latest version is 4.6.06.43.

Thank you

Yes it is 4.6.06.43.

@Doubleshot

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

No Problem is fixed for me

I have the same issue with Rose 130. My Rose 130 work fine for 8 days and then this issue start. My videos restarts again from the beginning and the same video repeat & repeat. I tried with ethernet and also with wifi - no difference. I reset my whole internet set up- no difference. I reset to factory setting - no difference. I do no use No caching function. Monitor connected or not connected - no difference. I disconnected all output cables and no difference. It happens to me 90% of the time regardless of the videos. Sometimes (1 in 10 times) the same videos plays out in full as well. I notice generally when the video plays for over 1min and 30 seconds, the the full video plays. Never had this issue with my Rose 150. for me it is only with Rose 130. Very frustrating. Cannot watch YouTube videos.

I checked in my rose store under rosetube - it showed an update. I have installed it now. Will check and monitor if the problem persists.

I played a few videos after the update “Please check if Rose device–>RoseStore–>Rosetube is updated to the latest version. The latest version is 4.6.06.43” Seems to fix the issue. .

I never knew that one has to go to Rosestore and update there as well. I thought the generic software update is all that we need. Not an issue. Just good to know.

I recommend that you please circulate this fix within the community. It has been frustrating last few days for me. II like the sound quality of Rose 130. Awesome product!

Ok Let me check again tonight for the update!

Problem solved :smile:

Issue fixed with the Rosetube update

Hi Rosehan,
I just want to state one important fact in defense of the update in Rosestore, which is regular, I have a Rose 150B and I don’t have these problems described by some users, you just have to pay attention to the notifications that appear regularly before updates on the device’s display, it seems a little funny to me that someone it is surprising that updates come along with the normal main update, and just Rose Tube as well as others that are in the Rose Store.
So when an update for the Rose Store arrives, the notification for the Rose Store update flashes in the upper right corner of the display where the notifications are listed, and then after the device is fully switched on, the screen will show what is to be updated in the Rose Store and then between switching music titles this warning keeps appearing until the update is done! Well, at least that’s how I have it on my Rose 150B, I think that these warnings are nothing extraordinary and mainly help to guide the user to carry them out and thereby avoid the various problems described here.
Sidonius

`RS150,

playback of The Cardigans- You’re the Storm stops after 1 min 10 , even after the update of rosetube.

It wants to play Doris Day - Fools rush in instead, wich is totally not ok for me :frowning: please fix this