Rosetube slowed down. Use of VLC app

I Have my RS150B for just over a month now. Very pleased with the sound, the look, evrything!
What i like, is playing 4k video from NAS or Youtube on the Rose, and have the sound on my hifi.

Since last week when playing youtube, the buffering is so slow, the video holds (turning circle in the middle) every half minute.
I don’t have any other issues with my cable internet. (playing YT on apple TV or watching Netflix in 4K)
When playing audio, all goes well!
Anyone else experieicing this?

I have the VLC app installed, but can’t find a way to open it.
Could it be this is only for use in the background, when playing with the video app?
I am familiar and fond of VLC on PC and mac.

@Martirazzo

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please check a few things.

1. You said that whenever you play a video on Rosetube, it buffers every 30 minutes.
    Approximately how long does it take to buffer before playing again?
  2. Is your RS150b connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
    If connected via Wi-Fi, what is the strength of the Wi-Fi?
  3. When you go to Rosestore on your RS150b, is Rosetube updated to the latest version?
  4. Does the same symptom occur even if RS150b–>Video–>Settings–>“Use VLC Player” is set to OFF?

Hello Rosehan
Thank you for looking into this!

First of all, let me correct that my rosetube buffers every 30 seconds, and does not get enough progress to keep playing.
He also needs almost a minute to start the video.
In the meantime i also tried a factory reset, and re installed the apps, which did not solve the problem.

My RS150 is connected via LAN to a switch, which is connected to the cable modem.

I also noticed the VLC symbol when playing video, so this is used as player in the background.
I shall try to switch it off for playing youtube, but it was always on.
I enjoyed youtube on my Rose for almost a month, without commercials :slight_smile:

@Martirazzo

Have you checked question number 3 I mentioned?

I took the unit to the dealer. Hé installeer 4.17 on it, and replies the problem should be solved.
I am on holliday, i will give it a test next week.
Good work on the update👍