RS 130 ethernet dead

My ethernet connection to my RS130 appears dead. I have reset my network many times, ensured that the signal from my cable is live via other streamers, and even plugged into the SPF adapter into my RS130 and the switch port is active. The world icon on the ethernet page appears to do nothing when pressed - not sure what anyone else’s experience is. I have reset the RS130 more times than I can count, and nothing happens. I have used about five different SPF adapters, and nothing has changed—any advice besides returning the unit?

@TheHad

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please check a few things.

1. Does the connection not work the same way when you connect a different Ethernet cable?

2. If you have an additional SFP module, will the same symptom appear if you connect another SFP module?

3. If you connect the Ethernet cable to a streamer or PC other than RS130, will the Internet connection work properly?

4. Does Wi-Fi connect normally after connecting the dongle to RS130?

5. Does the same symptom appear even if you factory reset your RS130?
    RS130–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset

I use a Google Nest Fiber Modem and Router:

I have this wired into multiple switches to use ethernet—the switches are all active. I have used multiple ethernet cables, changed switches, and used SFP dongles (5 total)—nothing works. The ethernet is live and works with my TV, Apple TV, Xbox, and Eversolo A8, so it’s not my ethernet network.

I also added a Netgear Nighthawk RS700. The Wi-Fi is generally stable. The router is right next to the RS130, but even its live ethernet posts do not work with the RS130.

thanks

On Sun, Jul 28, 2024 at 7:40 PM Eun-Seong Han via HiFi ROSE <noreply@citech.kr> wrote:

\ 45x45 ROSEHAN
July 29

@TheHad

Please check a few things.

1. Does the connection not work the same way when you connect a different Ethernet cable?

Yes tried multiple ether cables and several switches too!

1. If you have an additional SFP module, will the same symptom appear if you connect another SFP module?

I have tried 5 different SFP modules

1. If you connect the Ethernet cable to a streamer or PC other than RS130, will the Internet connection work properly?

Yes, it works with any other device

1. Does Wi-Fi connect normally after connecting the dongle to RS130?

Wifi is now more stable with the Nighthawk RS700 but sometimes buffering lags - even thought the wifi router has a strong signal and sits next to the RS 130

1. Does the same symptom appear even if you factory reset your RS130?
    RS130–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset

Yes - reset both RS130 and network many times - still no ethernet.

I was ready to ship my RS130 back and found in the box an SFP adapter. I plugged it in, and suddenly, my RS130 was now connected via ethernet. I am testing it with both ethernet and wifi = but so far, this SFP adapter works, and five others did not. I love this unit and hope it continues to work. Thanks for all the help debugging my issues.

Great news, but odd. Still, I know that for many non-Cisco switches with SFP port, for example, Cisco branded optical modules will not work. Of course this is not your problem, so I wonder what the issue was here.

@TheHad

If it doesn’t work after checking just one thing, I think I’ll have to repair it.
If you cannot set the SFP module type setting to 1000BASE-X in the Ethernet settings, contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS130 for repair.

I found the SFP module that shipped with the RS130. Initially, I did not have ethernet, so I left this in the box. I found it and plugged it in. The RS130 established an ethernet connection right away, so my problem was solved. Interestingly, I tried five different brands of SFP connectors, and none of them worked.

Here is a list of SFP connectors that did not work:

1. https://www.fs.com/products/66612.html, SFP+ 10GBASE-T Copper 30m RJ-45 Transceiver Module for FS Switches (LOS)

2. 10Gtek ASF-10G-T, 10GBase-T SFP+ to RJ-45 Transceiver, 10Gbe SFP+ Copper Ethernet CAT6a Module, up to 30-Meter, for Cisco SFP-10G-T-S, Meraki, Ubiquiti UniFi UF-RJ45-10G, Fortinet, TP-Link TL-SM5310-T and More

3. HiFiber ASF-10G-T, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 Transceiver, 10Gbase-T SFP+ Ethernet Module Support 10G/5G/2.5G/1.25G, Compatible with Cisco SFP-10G-T-S, Ubiquiti UF-RJ45-10G, UniFi, Meraki,MikroTik,Supermicro and More, 30m

4. 6COM 6C-SFP-10G-T

5. Cable Matters SFP 10GBase-T

I hope this helps others with ethernet connectivity issues - 24 hours in, and so far, so good.