RS 201 problem display tv

Hello I have a rose rs201, I have a problem with displaying music clips from rosetube on TV. After switching the slider to TV, the buffer takes a long time to load and the music video jams and you have to wait a long time for it to start playing, if the slider switches to rose only display mode, everything is in order Is it possible to change it somehow in the settings, the internet is fast so I think it’s not a problem
Regards

Same issue with the RS150B. Certainly a problem with RoseTube/Youtube apps.
It happens since a few weeks now. If there is multiple videos in the play list, the loading time appends between each video. To be precise, the video starts playing for 5 to 15 seconds, then stop and start buffering for more than 20 seconds. After buffering, the video plays all the way thru the end and the begging of the next video. This phenomenon happens for each video in the play list.

I own my RS150B since last august, listen a lot of Youtube videos and don’t remember having this problem before end of january 2023.

@plamf @Marek

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

RoseTube has been updated for the symptom that videos do not play smoothly.
Go to the RoseStore and check if the RoseTube has been updated.
Please let me know if the same symptoms appear after the update.

Thank you

I’ve done the update yesterday and everything came back to normal, no more load or wainting time between videos.
Thank you very much.
François

Hello
Sorry for the late reply, but I was on vacation after returning, I started my rose and everything works perfectly, I’m very happy great, thanks for your help
Regards
Marek