Rs 250 runs hot

Hi, i feel the rs250 runs Hot. Even in stand-by. I am able to touch the housing, but for a non amplifier apparatus i think it is really Hot. Schuld i be worried?
Just measured it after a few hours play, 45 deg C. Seems to much…

2 Likes

Hello, even in standby mode, it is not completely shut down, so it causes a slight fever. Also, even if the standby mode is activated, the standby mode starts after completing the task for a while.

Hi, I’ve purchased a RS250 and I’m surprised how hot it runs…

1 Like

Hello,

Would you try this?
RS250 → Settings → System Setting → USB/SSD power activation in standby mode → Auto or OFF

Hello, thanks for the suggestion - I’ve set it as OFF.

It’s still running hot and I’m concerned.

The previous report was for a RS250 I had on loan, from this trial I purchased one and now the new one is doing the same - it’s far hotter than any other piece of hi-fi equipment I have or have ever owned.

if its not actively working it shoudnt get that hot. is it on a shelf if so try it on top shelf

I’m also concerned how hot my RS250 gets with primarily streaming via Rosetube, Tidal or Qobus and the occasional use of the internal SSD for audio and video playback.

My RS250 is installed in an AV rack, but it’s well ventilated, is there any other settings besides turning off the USB/SSD power activation in standby mode that could help reduce how hot the RS250 gets?

Well the suggestion above"RS250 → Settings → System Setting → USB/SSD power activation in standby mode → OFF"
Worked. At least it no longer is Hot in stand-by mode.
In normal mode it still gets pretty Hot but it seems to have no ill effect .

1 Like

Min RS250 sa plutselig poff,kom røyk ut bak. Skjermen ble svart. ( Har alltid vært veldig varm ) :joy:

Thank you for the direction, I don’t use either USB or SSD and now my RS250 is much cooler on Standby mode.

Hello all,

I bought a small plastic USB fan (about 5in across). I’ve got it plugged into the back of the RS250 and it sits right next to the unit. I simply turn it on when needed and it keeps the unit running nice and cool. The only drawback is that the USB port isn’t switched so I have to turn on the fan manually. Initially I was hoping it would turn on and off with the Rose… but it’s OK. It’s keeping it cool.
: )