RS 520 must do better

That’s right! I am surfing around in the market for the right streamers and nearly all of them has minor bugs whatever. But it doesn’t restrict me from buying them. What I really concern is the stability of the app, the unit functioning issues, sound quality of course, all takes to the account for the price! It is funny to see someone who actually doesn’t own the brand unit but keep on complaining this or that! Trying to persuade others not to buy the brand but the users are actually happily with it!
The fact is, he never told what the problems of Rose is? What is the issues that make him so angry ?

1 Like

I have sold my Naim and go for the Rose actually! You need to stack on Naim stuffs and never attempt to change to other brand if you use their products.

He is butt hurt he doesn’t own one. Lost all credibility with me. I’ve looked at most of the streamers. Everyone at my shop who got one LOVES it. Yeah there is a learning curve but that’s half the fun. No other streamer on the market has an active upsampler up sampling to 192khz, touch screen and also integrates most listening services (wish they had Amazon) all in one. Did I forget to mention an amazing pre amp too?!?

I would really like to see some tutorial videos on how to use certain functions on YouTube. I think that would definitely help with a lot of their “issues”.

I’d be happy to volunteer to do that for an upgrade to the 150 from 250 if they’re reading this forum. Haha

4 Likes

I have a rs520 more than happy with it the sound is excellent and build quality seems excellent too haven’t had any problems with mine, that being said with any new products there are teething issues but they are minor in the grand scheme of things from my experience i would recommend hifi rose to others very happy with my purchase

I have a Naim Core (I am about to sell it) - the software is absolutely crap. I should have bought back then the Innous :point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

For the Innous, you should be aware your files need to be imported to the machine before you can play. That means if you would like to sell it out at a later time, your music files need to be extract from the machine. Not flexible to me anyway! However, external HD won’t be accepted! Don’t understand why they have plenty of usb socket at the back but none of them can be used for plugging in an external HD.Naim is even worse in this aspect! File can only be recognised by its brand only but not for others.

Hi, Guillermo. Wich small Hifi blog do you write for? I would like to read your unbiased opinions and be enlighted with your knowledge about the HiFi world

1 Like

Do you work for HifiRose? It sounds like you do. Just curious.

Your opinions are the most impressive I have read in the community. Please start new topics so we can all learn how to operate. Thank you.

@Roserules NO. And what makes you think that? You think wrong.

Did not mean to insult you. I just noticed how positive you are about the brand. I like their products also. That is why I bough tan rs150. I love it. Take care- William

Hi, I’ve been an audio player for 40 years and I’ve been working in IT for 35. I love Rose devices (as well as other similar brands) as they offer many features that today represent the future in listening to music at home. I recognize that some things can be improved and I respect the technical support because they are committed to it. Good music to you too.

1 Like

BTW, does the Rose amp connect applied to RS520? Any functional needed?

@Allan

Rose Amp Connect is only applied for RA180.

Thank you

I am just happy, I gave my RS 520 back to the dealer. The OP amps were already broken. Owning a RS520 is gambling.

1 Like

I see . Thanks very much!

Is there any wrong with the RS520? It seems there are numerous problematic issues for it?!

It depends!
If you live in Asia the RS520 is made for you.
If you live outside of Asia you find out, that the RS520 is a asian product, because the software is not made for people living outside Asia.
The second problem are the OP amps. They like to brake really quick.
The idea behind this product is great but the software and the hardware must do better.

1 Like

I wouldn’t speak in terms of Asian/non Asian, but in terms of focus in software development. Rose software is complex, not user-oriented, with lots of options that clutter the menus and pop-ups. The learning curve is flat, users must invest a lot of time and effort in learning the basics. Luckily I haven’t had any issue with the hardware, but I keep my fingers crossed. Finally, three minor flaws: no integrated Wifi-Bluetooth (a dongle is provided), no Chromecast and music cataloguing takes ages. But despite that, rs520 it’s a fantastic device with a clear and powerful sound that is years ahead of its competition

The opamp issue would be the concern honestly then!