RS 520 must do better

I’ve got a rs520 1st 1 turned up with a broken screen was sent a loan unit no problem with that 1 and when the new unit turned up all is well with this 1 been using it almost daily for a few month no problems at all there was a bad batch of op amps think hifi rose are aware of that but i haven’t got any complaints with my unit absolutley love it

Same here. First unit returned, and have had the new unit couple of weeks - and no faults this far. My only complaint so far - hope they will sort out 2 things: 1. VU meter delay in Spotify. 2. No Equaliser in Spotify mode must also be fixed.

It made me hesitated whether to get one. There seems numerous case for the broken OP amp. Since It is too troublesome if retuning back the unit for replacing with the new one! Transportation fee is so much and causing a lot of trouble too. From my previous experience for owning RS250, it doesn’t have any problem at all since purchasing until I sold it out for personal reason!
Or may consider to buy the RS250a for security?! I love the big big screen of 520 honestly with its amp module as bonus for me.

Wait a few months in order to secure a unit with brand new Op amps. I bought mine last december and had no issues till now

Is it? Do you mean yours is the version with new OP amp?

Apple and hifi are 2 separate worlds!!

So I am out! Sold my 520 and took a huge loss. The remote was starting to act up and the (sparse) firmware updates did not address any of my issues.

It started to irritate to look at the Rose so it had to go. Put back my old Aurex 15 system so at least I will no longer be reminded of the costly mistake I made.

Good luck to all owners, hope Rose will start to do better for you soon
!

I love the idea behind the RS520 but the user experience is really bad and I don‘t think it will last for a long time.
Great product but I do not believe in the high quality.
So yes, good luck to all owners.

I’m struggling to understand the reasons behind some of the comments about the RS520. I have one and it’s superb. It’s miles ahead of the NAD M10 it replaced. It’s been perfectly reliable and drives my Focal Aria 948 speakers impressively. Perhaps some people just expect perfection from day one and that’s fine but a little patience to learn how to use it and it all works just fine

2 Likes

RS520 must have gotten better.
I received mine 3rd week of June 2023.
VU meters now do work with Spotify connect.
I like to use RS520 with USB input, USB cable is plugged into my Media PC (Win 11). RS 520 is also connected via Ethernet for receiving updates. Do have Roon for Tidal, but for all other media and music sources the USB input into RS520 works well (essentially as computer Audio). This setup has resolved a lot of frustrations.
I love how RS520 sounds with JBL L890 speakers and a powered subwoofer SVS SB1000 Pro.
I have been looking for this sound quality for a long time.
Thank you ROSE!

2 Likes