RS 520 needs a loudness function!

I had the RS 520 for one day before it broke but it needs a loudness function. It just sounds better at lower volume if you hear more bass.

You can use the equalizer to add more bass and treble.

That’s not the same.

its exactly the same, what do you think a loudness function would do, why would it be any different? loudness functions add eq and boost the lows and highs at low volumes.

No, ist works only at Low Volume. You dont know how a loudnes works.

I know exactly how loudness works, it’s based on fletcher munson curves. It’s still just eq. When listening at low vol just boost your treble and bass a bit.

Are you a sales manager of hifi rose? I would like to have a loudness function. I don‘t want to play around with the EQ every time I want to listen at low and than at higher volume.
That‘s why I sold my Hifi rose RS 520 and the RA 180.
You can‘t use a subwoofer at the RA 180 and the RS 520 probably too.
The volume is fixed and I would need an adapter to connect my subwoofer to the Rose stuff.
I love the look and the feel of the hifi rose products but I will never ever by one!
I am a proud owner of a Devialet 220 Pro now and no, it has no loudness but it sounds much fuller and dynamic than the rose RA 180 or RS 520.
The rose sound is to much Class D, like the NAD M33. You love it or hate it. I like the sound of rose but you can get a better sound from a Devialet.

Works perfectly fine.

You mean, it doesn’t distort?

It’s supposed to, uh, depend on loudness?

I mean it sound to bright, cool and clinical. I like it but I don‘t love this type of sound. Over a long period it will be too clinical.
I prefer the sound of the Devialet. It is still very dynamic but it is so smooth and warm and also detailed. Just great but it also costs much more. More than twice as much as a RS 520.

Never heard Devialet amps (wasn’t too impressed with Phantoms though) but yes, Rose is quite transparent. Of course personal preferences are just that.

Buying a Devialet 220 Pro was just an accident on ebeay. So I just gave Devialet a try, why not!
It was ab big surprise how good this amps are.

With a good deal it’s even better, if anything their amps have some interesting tech in them.

2 Likes