RS 520 one way mute

Hello Rose’s support
I bought, second hand, your product (RS520) in a shop.
Within 2 or 3 days, one way (right) became mute, after blowing in my speakers.
Preamp works good though (test with hdmi out, no problem).
I tried to reset the unuit (factory reset)
Everything came back to normal for a few minutes, then… The other way (left) became mute!
I can’t understand how one way is mute, then after reset it’s the other…
Of course I checked wires and speakers, everything is and was fine.
Can you help me please?
Thx

@Jabba

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If you connect the RS520 to a speaker and no sound comes from the right side, where will the sound come from if you connect the cable in reverse?

Hello, @ROSEHAN thank you for you answer.

It is the left side that is mute, before it was the right side.

If I connect in reverse (right on the RS520 to left speaker) then the left speaker has sound and the right speaker (connected to the left side of the RS520) is mute.

I tried with hdmi out and a stereo test on rose tube: everything is fine on my tv (left and right) so it is not the preamplifier

I tested the speakers and the cables: they all work well.

What is really weird is that:

1st the right side was mute after a big boom in the speaker
I did a factory reset and everything was good for a few minutes
2nd after a few minutes the left side stopped working

I also tried another power cord, but the problem is still the same.

I tried a last factory reset but the problem is still here.

Now my RS520 unit is unplugged :frowning:

Hello @ROSEHAN,

I got a power amp and wired it to the pre amp out of the RS520: same issue, one way (left) is out of order.

Can you please help me with this issue?

I bought the RS520 2nd hand, but I don’t understand why I wouldn’t get warranty despite this way to acquire the product. 2nd hand market is important in hifi.

I am willing to do anything to make this work and listen to this product, and malfunctionning batch can occur of course, and I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you

To be precise: if hdmi is fuctionning (left and right with stereo test) but if preamp out wired to a power amp is not functionning, I imagine that means one preamp card is malfunctionning I suppose.

Can you please ask local distributors (I am in Paris) for waranty or exchange please?

Thank you

Hello @ROSEHAN
My problem will be corrected soon, thank you for your help, it is a pleasure to see that your company cares about customers
Have a great week end