RS130 , Denafrips DAC not recognized

Hello,
Yesterday, I bought a new RS130 streamer. However, I cannot establish a USB connection with the DAC. I am getting a “DAC not found” error on the streamer’s screen. I have reviewed other discussions and tried the suggested solutions, but the issue remains unresolved.

*DAC Brand and Model: Denafrips Terminator Plus 12Th-1

*USB Cable: Synergistic Research Atmosphere SXRS130 Output: Audio USB; USB 3.0 A; USB 3.0 B (I tried all USB outputs, but the error persists.)

*On your website, for users experiencing the same issue, you recommended grounding the DAC with a cable from the RS130. I also tried this, but the error remains.

*I also tried another USB cable, but the error persists.

*The RS130 and DAC work with optical and coaxial output. However, I specifically want to use the USB cable and galvanic isolation output. I purchased this USB cable for that purpose. I even bought the Synergistic Research active grounding device for the grounding part of the cable. I don’t want these to go to waste.

*In some discussions, it was suggested to use the iPurifier 3 and your USB hub device, the RS720. However, users mentioned that these devices do not work stably. Should I buy an accessory that may or may not work?

*Is there no software or workaround to fix this issue? I am extremely disappointed and would appreciate your support and guidance.

Regards,
Oben Ünser

@Tweakhane

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please answer a few questions.

1. If you have another external DAC, does the RS130 recognize the external DAC when you connect it to the USB port on the rear of the RS130?
  2. When you connect a USB external hard drive to the RS130 rear, does the RS130 recognize it?
  3. Does the same symptom occur even if you factory reset the RS130?
    RS130–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset

Hello @ROSEHAN
First of all, thank you for your interest. Below are the answers to your questions:

1.There is no other external DAC available. Therefore, I couldn’t test it.

2.When I connect an external hard drive to the RS130, it recognizes it, meaning the ports are working. However, there is an incompatibility with the Denafrips DAC.

3.I tried resetting the device to factory settings. Unfortunately, it didn’t help.

I’ve seen complaints from Denafrips Terminator Plus users as well. There are users who had the same issue as me and resolved it with the RSA720. Do you have a solution for this general problem? Do I really have to buy the RSA720? If you confirm that the RSA720 is the definitive solution, I will purchase it despite the extra cost. I would appreciate it if you could guide me accordingly.

Best regards.

@Tweakhane

There are many users who connect the DAC you are using with RS150b via USB. But they didn’t have the same symptoms as you. Since there is no significant circuit difference between RS150b and RS130, it is normal for RS130 to be compatible with USB as well.
You tried using a different cable, but could you try using a normal cable instead of an expensive cable?

Hello @ROSEHAN ,

The other USB cable I tried was not an expensive one, but the issue was not resolved.

In the discussions, I read that RS130 and Terminator Plus DAC users experienced the same problem. They solved it with the RSA720. I could also request the dealer to replace the RS130 with another RS130. What would you recommend between the two options?

Best regards.
Oben Ünser

@Tweakhane

First of all, this problem does not appear to be a problem with your RS130, but rather a compatibility problem between the RS130 and the Terminator Plus DAC.
Is it possible that the RS130 and Terminator Plus DAC are not recognized the same even if they are connected using a method other than USB?

Dear Hi-Fi Rose users

In the EA version, we also confirmed that it was not compatible with other DACs.
It appears that a compatibility issue occurred while separating the newly released RD160 and SFP.
We will fix the issue as soon as possible.
Users who need RS130, external DAC, and USB connection should use the Official version, not the EA version.

Hello,
I tried resetting it to factory settings but it didn’t work. How do I switch to the official version? Could you please guide me?

Best regards
Oben Ünser

There is no problem with connections other than USB.

@Tweakhane

RS130–>Settings–>System info–>Use the official update version–>Rollback
By following the method above, you can rollback from the EA version to the official version.

Hello, as you described, when I went back to the official version, the problem was gone. I am very happy about that. Thank you very much for your help.

When will the EA version be fixed? Was there any additional advantage for me in the EA version?

Best regards
Oben Ünser

@Tweakhane

We are currently fixing the issue.
We will fix it and distribute updates as soon as possible.

That’s why I was using coaxial input . How is the SR cable ? Does it make any difference? I just got a power cell 8 and it’s amazing , made a huge difference

@ROSEHAN Hello,

After returning to the official version, I used it for 1 week without any problems. However, when I turned the system back on today, I experienced the same problem again. Yesterday I listened without any problems, but today it did not recognize Dac for no reason. After a long struggle and reinstallation, I was able to recognize Dac.

When will you solve this problem permanently? When will the new EA version be released? Can you give me some information?

Best regards

[Early Access] Rose OS 5.6.02 release - Early Access / EA Update notice - HiFi ROSE (roseaudio.kr)

Hello,
Is version 5.6.02 the version that fixed the bug? The update date says September 4.

I experienced these problems on September 11 and switched to the official version.

Hello again,
I thought version 5.6.02 was the problematic version when I looked at the logs. But I installed the version this evening and was able to connect to the DAC. In short, there is no problem at the moment.

Thanks
Oben Ünser

1 Like