RS130 Roon Ready certification has been completed

Dear Hi-Fi Rose users

RS130 Roon Ready certification has finally been completed.
We apologize once again for keeping you waiting for a long time.

Roon certification and registration period took longer than expected, so certification completion was delayed.
https://roon.app/ko/partners/142/hifi-rose

You can use it by registering RS130 in Roon Core–>Settings->Audio->Roon Ready device list.

#1 The Roon Ready feature can only be used if Roon Core is installed on a PC or NAS, or if you have a device that supports Roon Core.
#2. There is no separate menu related to Roon in RS130.
#3. Roon Core must be rebooted for Roon certification to apply and for normal use of RS130’s Roon Ready.

Thank you

3 Likes

Finally!
I’m testing this afternoon!

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: Fully Fonctionnal! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

This is my first time using a Roon Ready device. Is there a way to upsample the PCM data over to DSD512 (Native in Roon) to the RS130?

Tell Roon to upsample to DSD, although you would need extremely powerful computer to pull it off even with DSD256, let alone 512.

Honestly, there’s also no point to doing it whatsoever…

Hello….I’m new to Roon…is ‘Roon core’ a device, or an app?

Is a Operating System or a App.
2 solutions :

• RoonCore App should be installed on a Windows PC or a NAS.
  • Roon Core OS obviously also integrating the Core (named R.O.C.K) should be instaled only on a PC exlusively dedicated at is usage, idealy on NUC PC. This solution is the most efficient, especially in terms of speed of database processing, responsiveness and for users who use the DSP, part correction files, etc.

“Roon Core” (or server) is the server part of the Roon system. It is an application you install on a PC (Windows, Mac or Linux) or a sufficiently powerful NAS that manages your local and streaming music and sends audio to audio devices (over a network for Roon Ready devices or through a direct connection from either the Roon Core or a computer or phone running Roon remote.

ROCK – Roon Optimized Core Kit – is a stripped down distribution of Linux that can run on certain Intel NUC mini-PCs (you could hack things to run it on something else, but why bother…) that is, well, optimized for running Roon and Roon only.

Alternatively you can buy a Nucleus server from Roon, but unless you just want a completely hands-free approach it is not a very good value.

I’m going to install and use Roon this afternoon.
Just received my Roon certified NUC with i5 and 16gb ram
Should do fine
One question since I have not any experience with Roon
I have 2 Roon ready devices, Rose RS130 and in my home office an Elac Z3 mobile speaker.
How do I select the device in Roon to play to?
And can I play different music in my living room and in my office?
And when I just want to listen to Rose radio, I have to use the Rose app or can I also listen to radiostations using Roon?

In the Roon app at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a blue box asking you to select an audio zone to play to. But first, you’ll have to assign your devices under Settings - Audio.

For Roon radio, you’ll have to select stations under Live Radio, or My Life Radio. Then you can play them from Roon from then on.

BTW, Roon had a similar forum to this one. You may find lots of interesting posts on queries by other members.