RS130 SFP + Sonore Converter

Did some playing around with an sfp module tonight. Running cat 6 cable into a Sonore opticalModule Deluxe using Finisar modules and a System Optique fiber cable. Using a CIA Liner Power Supply to power the Sonore converter. Then out from RS130 into a Chord M Scaler then a DAVE followed by an Ayre integrated. I cannot hear a difference in sound compared to the standard copper module. Anyone else try this?

Hi @tylerbayles I don’t have Sonore opticalmodule Delux, but uses a low cost fiber media convertor with Finisar modeles (single mode) , corning optical cable and power supply from the RS130 USB3 port :stuck_out_tongue:

I do notice SQ improvement such as more fine details compare to the supplied copper modele, but sometimes this is quite subjective…

What’s your set up? Cables?

I bought this fiber optic switch the cable and sfp modules and connected my hifi Rose 130. It reduced noise levels quite a bit and improved clarity. Definitely recommend this simple change in network for streaming.

glad people are getting results! i just couldn’t tell a difference on mine.

Indeed, the interconnections can be worth it, I only have a 250 streamer, but good cables not the most expensive but it is worth it, here are the ones I use, I am mid-range in the high end the most expensive Audioquest or Cardas:
In RCA or XLR depending on taste:

In USB, streamer connection and external DAC:

You can improve by DAC R2R type Chord as cited or equivalent model.