RS130 to Platin Hub - what’s the best connection

Hello, I have Buchardt A700 speakers that use WISA through a Platin Hub (refer to photo for ports).

What’s the best way to connect the hub to the RS130?

I’d be grateful for specific cable recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Which ports serve as in/out?

Are you connecting TV using the HDMI?
Trying to rule out connections being used.

Can you state the overall goal to help narrow down choices and options?

Thank you,
Rob

Hi Rob, Thanks for the reply. Currently no connections are being used. I’m a dedicated Roon user and the Platin Hub is Roon certified. The goal is to see if the RS130 improves the sound of the Buchardt A700 speakers (I’m not at all dissatisfied now but always open to improvements) .

Until I began reading some of the horror stories on this forum, I was seduced by the great reviews of the RS130. The unit delivers tomorrow. I don’t plan on using the Hifi Rose app for anything related to music management with a major caveat - but that’s a different thread lol.

Here’s a chart of the connection options.

Much appreciated. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Ok I have a better idea now.

Let me see if I have this correct.

You are using Roon primarily for music etc.

• you intend to use the RS130 to see if it improves the music coming from Roon system and want to route it through the device. Or vice versa.

• if that is correct then it is assumed you want to connect the RS130 and leverage its DAC to see if it improves sound?

• if the above is true then I would think the RCA input.

I could have it wrong so just trying to sort out.

Rob

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I want to determine if the Buchardt A700 active speakers sound better with the addition of the RS130. The Platin Hub is needed only for WiSA transmission. The DAC is in the speakers. The HIfi Rose RS130 is a network transport only - no dac.

Bob

Bob, Ok I have researched the multiple devices in your setup. I have an RS 250 which has DAZC built in. I see now that if you want to use DAC on RS-130 you have to do it external. So are you planning to pull music from a Roon device first and route it through the Rose and then through the WISA hub?

This is very interesting! Also is it possible to connect a WISA transmitter to the Rose device and then to the speakers?

Let me know if I am getting closer. Sorry for questions.

Rob

Hi Bob,

How did you make out with the connections on R/S-130? Hope you got it figured out and it is sounding great. :blush:

Rob