[RS150(B)/RS201/RS250] [OTA] SW Ver 4.1(Rose 4.1.03) OTA Release

[OTA] SW Ver 4.1(Rose 4.1.03) OTA Release

Update date: 2022/02/08(Tue) PM 08:00(GMT +9)
How to update: Rose device Settings → System Info → System Version Information → Update (ROSE OS: 4.1.03)
Updated version: Ver 4.1(Rose OS 4.1.03)
RoseConnectPremium for Android : Ver 4.1.03.1
RoseConnectPremium for IOS : 2022/2/15(Tue). Distribution via App Store
Update for : RS150 / RS150B / RS201 / RS250

[Update contents]

1. Added and improved features for RS201&RS150&RS250

• Tidal(Setting) → User voucher information added

• Changed to disable public setting when music is included in the playlist

• Setting → Show available capacity in storage information

• Setting → Text of the user account page changed

• CD Title → Changed to display as Number + Track in case of unknown

• Hiface usb audio driver support

• Rose Login routine when entering Rose Tube

[RoseConnect Premium - Android]

• Rose Connect connection status display function added (Top right of the remote control)

(Normal Connection: Green / Connecting: Yellow / Disconnected: Red, When the remote control is selected, the corresponding information is displayed as a pop-up)

• Rose Connect → App version, installation date and UI displayed at the top right of the remote control

• Music → My Music menu added

• Rose Tube → My Rose Tube menu added

2. System stabilization for RS150 / RS150B / RS201A / RS250

• The problem that search results were not displayed when searching for Qobuz is Fixed

• Rose Tube → Fixed the problem that All, Shuffle play buttons does not operate in navigation View All

• Fixed VU closing problem when switching to the next song after play music (VU meter ON)

• Fixed the issue where playback stopped at a specific location in sone SACD ISOs

• BT sound playback → Fixed the problem that the screen moved to the ROSE main home when switching to the next song.

• Music → Fixed ‘Empty the queue and add’ in MUSIC > Folder menu.

• Fixed the problem that didn’t apply immediately when setting repeat playback of one song while playing a sound source

• Fixed the phenomenon of slight deviation of focus of the Rose FM channel

• After setting the play information (larger), the artist name and the Play button UI does not overlap when playing the CD is fixed

• Media Library → Fixed the phenomenon that the playback screen was exposed when DB was deleted

• Fixed the problem that the entire video could not be played when there is a subfolder in the video folder.

• Fixed the phenomenon that the playback time increases up to 6 seconds when switching to the next song during CD playback

• Fixed the phenomenon that the last applied Preout Level setting value was not maintained when changing HDMI/USB DAC output

• Fixed VU closing when changing channels in Rose Connect during radio/podcast playback (VU Meter ON)

• Fixed some European language decoding errors

• Fixed an issue where I/O settings did not change in sets when playing ROON

• Improved the Phenomenon that the loading bar continues in certain Rose Tube videos

• Improved usability for Ethernet Static IP setting

• Improved CD playback starting speed

• Improved noise when changing songs while using digital input

RoseConnectPremium for Android

• Music → Fixed the problem that the 21st track in the album was not visible

• Fixed the problem that the app closes when entering after leaving the music screen page for a long time

• Recent played tracks/Albums/Playlists → Fixed the problem that the ADD Play all player playlist button does not work

• Fixed an issue where only 20 Rose Tube subscriptions were displayed

• Fixed the problem that Youtube sharing function does not work

• TIDAL → Fixed an issue where only Top10 tracks were displayed when entering Visual Album

• Rose Tube → Search → ViewAll → Fixed All/Shuffle playback error

• Fixed an error related to gallery thumbnails in profile settings on Android OS 10

- Precautions -

1. Do not turn off the power of ROSE during Software update.
2 Likes

@ROSELOA First impression of update is good.
Translation in app now much better, at least for Dutch translation.
Together we will make it work :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, update message in app still is in Korean

1 Like

We are always deeply grateful for the feedback and suggestions of many users. At the same time, we sincerely apologize for not providing a more perfect product.
The Korean language that appears in the update message will be changed in the next update.

Thank you again.

1 Like

Yes, I know your team does a lot of hard work to optimize your products.
As for the translation it now is for 99% okay.
Some little things left but will let you know.
Thanks for the good work so far!

After updated to V4.1, when my Rose RS201’s SSD is accessed via WebDAV protocol from network, error will happen when you want to create directory and also it is unable to delete file in the SSD. After I change from WebDAV to FTP protocol, all actions resume to normal.

While I am thankful for the update @ROSELOA the issue with the VU still persists. Happy to provide more details if you PM directly if you would find that helpful.

@ROSELOA on my Rose RS150 all the active Features (Like SMB) had been deactivated and the set credentials are gone after the upgrade.
Also it looks like the local SSD has wiped out all the tracks and the credentials to access the NAS has also been deleted - had no more access. had to setup again.
Not very fun - I must now rebuild the complete database from scratch - which will take again 24 hrs or more due to the large amount of 120k+ files.
Please be careful, to not delete any credentials within the device during a FW update - or offer a way to make a backup of it, before starting the update.
First time I’m a bit unhappy with it.
thank god, I have my roon and I’m not really dependent on the internal DB. But some of you would.

@ROSELOA, I am following up on my comments. Any short-term plan to fix the VU issue?

Hello,

Do you mean that the problem occurred even though you didn’t do a factory reset?
It’s a really unique case… I’ll check it internally with engineers.

This should never happen again, but if it does, please let us know.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi @ROSELOA
No, not at all - I simply did the FW Update - and then some how my music was not playing.
After checking for the reason, I found, that all credentials (access to my NAS, active SMB Sharing etc) have been wiped.
I tried several time, to re-add the credentials - but as there is no way to edit an existing Share I must delete the Share and then create a new one.
and I’m pretty much sure, that I stored some CDs on the SSD - but there were only the default ones!

16-02-2022_17-34-48|690x97

@ROSELOA any updates on the ongoing (unfixed) VU meter issue? I have not seen a reply to my two prior messages and if you recall I was the first to bring this to your attention after the prior firmware upgrade. The issue persists.

Hello,

I checked the issue with VU mode together with engineers.
This issue does not happen when the song automatically move on to next song by itself. However, this issue appears when touching the next song button or another song in the queue.
We checked this issue existed even before the update in December.

We tried to fix this issue but seems not easy to change, as a lot of side effects happened.
We will find other ways to fix it, but it seems to take quite long time.

I’m sorry for bad news :frowning:

@ROSELOA I appreciate the reply. But it does happen on automatic advancement of the song as well. This only started with the prior firmware. To be honest I feel like the more you attempt to fix issues more features are broken. Rather disappointing for such a high end product. What can I do to help you.

@ROSELOA, any updates per my prior message? See above.

Hello,

When song A moved on to song B automatically by itself, the VU screen on RS150B goes down very short?
Would you let me know what was the song A and B, maybe a video so that I can see the whole situation?
Sorry for disappointing you.

When the DSD128 or DSD256 file (DSF format) was played, there was an annoying short “pop/crackle” noise before playing next song. This problem had been found in early V3.x firmware in my RS201 and solved in V3.8 completely. Unfortunately, it happens again in V4. Please fix it ASAP, thanks!

Hello,

Would you check the message please?

To Rose official support

After my R150B FW updated yesterday, all song files in my ROSE SSD are no longer link with related album cover photo. I tried to copy one album song files include cover photo from NAS to ROSE SSD. But the situation still the same. I have to problem to show all file with cover photo which stored in my NAS, But all files cannot show the cover photo which stored on ROSE SSD.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Many thanks!

Hello,

Would you try scanning your SSD again?
RS150 > Music > Setup > Media Library > SSD > Add DB

Hi

I had rescanned SSD, but the album cover photos still can show up for those file stored in SSD. But I have no issue for other files stored in NAS.

Please help me to solve it urgently.

Many thanks!